i become the anser:

2:Kein Audio-Plugin vorhanden ; Sound deaktiviert
    2:Für_audio_muß_entweder`esound_`oder_`SDL_mixer`_ instaliert_sein
    2:Esound: http://www.tux.org/~ricdude/EsounD.html
    2:SDL_mixer:http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/index.html
    2: Benutze Reserveressourcen - OK
    Speicherzugriffsfehler

Ok I install esound AND SDL_mixer but I becom
    the same anser if i try to start the civclient.

The version 1.13 Start with no Problems
    Only that i don`t can connect to a metaserver but i play
    my own games with no problems.
    If i try to connect with meta server i become the anser install version 1.14..

Can anybody help?

Thanx Bobmen

What OS are you using? Did you compile the source yourself or are you using a binary? When I run civclient 1.14 (downloaded day before yesterday (last stable release not the CVS version)) on my linux machine it simply continues with sound disabled.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

I use Linux (Suse Linux 8.2) with KDE version 3.1.1.
      I compile the source for myself.
      And yes i downloade the last stable release not the CVS version.

My Sound goes on my computer.

Comment

I tried it after installing SDL_mixer and it works fine. I have not tried installing esound yet. Make sure the civclient is looking in the right place. Also try recompiling freeciv now that you have a sound library. If it says that you need a soundset download the stdsounds2 tarball from ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/sounds/sets and untar it into your freeciv data directory.
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

sound doesn't need to be installed to play - the segfault is probably due to something else

Comment

Working...
          X