Crime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime

I wondered how crime was going to be treated.

you could keep it simple, and just have a statistic for all crime, and generic pirates etc...

but the idea of characters, and characters with faces is kind of exciting...

two ideas have come t omind:

1. a black market or black market statistic
    i don't know how deep you actually plan to go, whether your really interested in commodities, or just "trade".
    whether there will be any scope for embargoes and laws and bribery stuff like that.

2. criminal organisations - this could be anything from a pirate gang - thinking of a great chinese pirate who had a huge fleet and ran Taiwan, and Captain Morgan, a Welsh pirate who worked for the British government.
    not to mention Al Qaeda, the Mafia, various drug cartels the list goes on - they remind me of the "nomadic civ" idea mentioned - stateless, but with a similar structure.

i think the Iraq thing is stimulating more contemporary ideas which may not have been thought of.
    i think there may be interest and demand for scope for contemporary scenarios though. a Gulf war scenario seems likely.
    click below for work in progress Clash graphics...
    clicaibh sios airson tairgnain neo-chriochnaichte dhe Clash...
    http://jackmcneill.tripod.com/

IMO his really belongs in the characters model thread

Its important to keep the discussions of a topic fairly concentrated, otherwise its difficult to make any sense out of the discussions after the fact.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

i agree, but the i don't know how many people are going to wade through an look at very old threads...

i'f you're revamping the website, why not reorganise the forum, so that ii is divided into some categories for discussions - i thik this forum software should allow it, just save all the threads and relocate them.

(if you can be bothered, of course! )

Comment

How about this. . .

Start a "Characters Model 2" thread, and put a link on it to the old thread. Then you can put all your comments like the crime one in that thread. You can also link to the thread with your faces demo. Work for you?

Reorganizing the forum would be much more effort than its worth IMO. And I couldn't be bothered
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

aye, i was thinking about doing that - i reckoon some more graphics are in order. i've found a few more plans - screen layout ideas, costumes for different eras and ethnicities to go with the faces.

the screann layouts are centred around the faces. the characters idea is really attractive - it appeals to my own "world-simuation" preferances, and i think adds the potential for real new and innovative depth beyond these repeptitive unit and resource managment games.
          i think as soon as you have a face or cultural things t oconnect t oit can really add atmosphere if handled right.

i'll be back with some more gfx in the near future

Comment

rename thread?

can this "crime" thread be renamed "characters 2" or something?

Comment

Nope, that function doesn't work right in the mod toolkit.

Comment

Working...
              X