Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Suggestions for CoC

So, here goes...
    I've offered to Mark to write some music for the game, and he suggested that I ask people in the forum for ideas, desire for music etc. This thread is your place to say what music (if any) CoC should have. If noone comes up with anything better, then I'll suggest a Civ1 paradigm, ie "national" music, but not with such bad samples. And for in-play music, something very background, possibly non-repeating algorithmic stuff? Ideas please, suggestions etc. Use existing music ? Whatever. I'm keeping my ideas to myself, for now, as I'd like to know what the general feeling is about this idea.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

I was always fold of old music, especially marches. The only thing that actively annoys me is modern-style stuff with vocals, like the music in command and conquer. Anything else is fine.

I have no clue what ancient Roman music sounds like, but I would like to find out. If you can make/find something that sounds like the music a Legion would march to, that would be great.

Comment

Ah, this is what I was hoping to hear. I'm much happier to write a "Roman style" march than some modern rubbish. I was thinking more "soundtrack to Gladiator" than "soundtrack to The Matrix"

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Thanks for getting this going War of Art!

I am a cretin where music is concerned, so I'll mostly stay out of this discussion. Once we see the level of interest for having sounds soon, we can determine whether its a do-soon thing or a wait-a-bit.

Cya,

Mark
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

If it is a do-soon then I'm in trouble. Music takes about 100 times longer to write than it does to hear it. (Only a small exaggeration) I have a nice idea cooking at the back of my head for a "March of the Legions" already

-Jam

Comment

What ever happened to Jamski?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
            X