Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effective Searching of the Forum -- Here's How!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective Searching of the Forum -- Here's How!

[EDIT] I had the info screwed up in the post below. Markos had simply re-indexed the Clash forum so that search now works as it used to. But he didn't tell me about that part. . .

Anyways, Search now works great for our forum, Thanks Markos

Hi Everyone. Like many here I have been using the seach link next to the control panel link up top. This BB-based search has a lot of good options, but currently doesn't go back more than a few months. Given the long history of discussions in our forum that clearly isn't adequate.

I complained about this in the Community forum in the Search isn't searchin' so well anymore thread, and Markos just suggested a useful alternative.

Just above the "Live Chat" area on the forum page is a search box that uses Google to do url-specific searches. One of the choices in the drop box is "Forums". If you pick that you'll search all the Apolyton forums, but at least it goes back several years. There may not be a complete search since there's no guarantee that Google's crawler has registered all the threads here. But after some quick tests, it seems to work pretty well. I have also made a requst of Markos:

Any way to make the selection box for the search have a "This Forum" choice in addition to "Forums"?
    I have yet to hear his response on that.

Search Away!
    Last edited by Mark_Everson; January 30, 2003, 22:07.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Please read the edited version of the post above. I had the info all screwed up in my usual inimitable fashion
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Working...
    X