CVS, bug/defect tracking tool ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVS, bug/defect tracking tool ...

Why we don't use a website as http://sourceforge.net/ to help us ?

I agree that this could help. I wouldn't fear losing modifications I haven't sent yet for lack of time of building a good zip, and conflicts would be easier to manage with cvs.
    I think Mark is who should decide. I don't know what sourceforge and the other sites are worth in terms of tools.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I heartily agree. Source control (like CVS) and Bug Tracking are _essential_ in any project of significant size.

Comment

Hi guys!

I don't think I'm qualified to make such a decision, and would rather leave it to the more experienced programmers. To my mind, it would require agreement by the three of us who have been programming in the long run, Gary, Laurent and me. Of course the input from Nadexander and oneveu will be taken into account also . We have talked about CVS before, and I don't think there were any big dissentors, but we never got to the step of actually setting something up.

Issues:

1. Gary has serious time constraints / access problems. Who knows when he'll be back to functional. But seeing as he usually puts in the lion's share of coding time his agreement is a must. Basically anything Gary and Laurent agree is the right way to go, I'll go along. My coding time is really not that much these days anyway.

2. AFAIK Sourceforge is only for Open Source projects. Therefore my guess is Clash couldn't use it, since we aren't open source.

Where the notion of CVS died before is that nobody had both the skills and time/desire to set it up. And with only the three committed coders, it didn't seem like it was worth a lot of effort. YMMV
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Working...
        X