A newcomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A newcomer

I was invited to comment on CoC and offer what help I can.

I can't run the demo due to unspecified java errors. However, this computer is extremely fault and I'll try it on my real machine as soon as I get it working.

As far as help, well...though I have coding experience, I have no experience in java-based development, and would probably be little more than a liability in that area. I wouldn't mind assisting with the models. I can possibly do documentation, and in the later stages, I have some small publishing connections that may come in handy.

The one thing I can do is music. Well, I can at least give it a whirl. I have the equipment for it. I may be able to do sound as well.

This is a project that interests me greatly, and I wouldn't mind the chance to help it along.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is that I know several java coders, some of them very talented. Some of them play civ3 themselves, and may be interested in helping. I've yet to get responses from them, but they are potential assets.
    Last edited by Kenjura; March 28, 2002, 02:58.
    Tremble, foolish mortal, for I am the mighty SPEARMAN, and I shall destroy you where you stand!

Re: A newcomer (with new assets)

Hi Kenjura, glad you stopped by and are interested! Welcome to Clash

Originally posted by Kenjura
    As far as help, well...though I have coding experience, I have no experience in java-based development, and would probably be little more than a liability in that area. I wouldn't mind assisting with the models. I can possibly do documentation, and in the later stages, I have some small publishing connections that may come in handy.
    Sounds good. After you've had a chance to look around a bit, let me know what jobs look of most interest, and we'll find something good for you.

The one thing I can do is music. Well, I can at least give it a whirl. I have the equipment for it. I may be able to do sound as well.
    I think we're probably several demos away from really needing music. We can see what others think, but that's my take on it.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I know several java coders, some of them very talented. Some of them play civ3 themselves, and may be interested in helping. I've yet to get responses from them, but they are potential assets.
    Sounds great! That's our biggest bottleneck...

Looking forward to working with you!

BTW I tried to return your email, but got a 550 error. Can you send me an alternate email address if you have one? I have changed the address to maintain your privacy.

Code:
    Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: kenjura@s****n.org
      Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
      Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied
      Remote system: dns;darv.net (TCP|24.153.64.228|65285|129.128.146.134|25) (darv.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.2/8.9.3; Thu, 28 Mar 2002 04:47:45 -0700)
    Last edited by Mark_Everson; March 28, 2002, 07:57.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Mark please, let's delete the guestbook thread, since nobody's writing in it...

Welcome to Clash, Kenjura.
      "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
      George Orwell

Comment

Working...
      X