a general suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a general suggestion

I have a general suggestion about the game , I think the concept of genius(military, politic, etc) should be introduced.

In history from time to time great people emerges, and they greatly shape the process of history. The great military and political genius Chenjishihan of Mongol used his force of only nearly one hundred thousand to swept all the nations that were close to his reach; Newton of England pushed science in such a way that even today he is still unarguably recognized as the the greatest scientist ever existed.
    Those people made very strong impact to history over a certain period of time.

Of course in the Civ game they do have wonders related to this, such as Sunzhi's War academy, Newton's college, etc. , the problem is that Sunzhi's war academy nevert existed, I don't know about Newton's College.

So I suggest that for a certain civilization, from time to time there emerges genius, political, military, science, etc. There can be numerious ways to do this, the genius can be known people who are specific to certain civilization, or not specific to any civilization(a bit weird though if you are russian and Napolian is helping you building your military); Or you just can say that a genius emerges, which can be followed by a certain number of turns of military bonus in related area, military, economy etc. And you can make it so that constant war makes the emerge of military genius more likely; large investment in science makes scientific genius more likely, etc.

This is more realistic and will make the game more interesting. And we can get rid of those weird wonder that never existed at all.

any comments?

chuliang

Hi chuliang, an official welcome to Clash!

Your idea is so good, that we've already decided to include it! Please check out the Characters model on the web page. From there you can see where previous discussion threads on that topic are on the forum. (there will be links to all the discussion threads to the right on the relevant page) Then you can post any ideas about the topic in the most recent Characters model thread
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Working...
    X