Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code and documentation of ideas, old website

Hey,

Cant say I just found CoC, that would be a lie. However after all the years I have peeked once in a while at CoC, it is with great sadness that the project died years ago, but the website, with all these wonderful ideas is now gone too. The forum here doesn't really document it much.

I found a old working code at some obscure website, however this was demo3. And I would like to know if it is possible to get the demo7 or demo8, and/or even the old website with all the ideas documented? I know it is a long shot, however after nearly having finished my degree in Computer Science, with emphasis on design (and a proficient programmer in Java) it would be fun to see it.

Hope someone with the data will see this.

- Nikolaj G

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. I can send you the code and resources. It's a bit too big to be attached on 'poly, and free file hostings tend to delete stuff pretty fast so I think sending by email would be the easiest way to provide you the code. PM me if you are still interested (I no longer check this forum very often). Maybe MarkEverson has backups of the website content archived somewhere. I tried to get 'poly to put it back somewhere or at least get the data but didn't retrieve anything.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare View Post
      It's a bit too big to be attached on 'poly
      How big is it if you put everything into a rar archive? If it is less than 250 MB you can upload it.

Originally posted by LDiCesare View Post
      Maybe MarkEverson has backups of the website content archived somewhere. I tried to get 'poly to put it back somewhere or at least get the data but didn't retrieve anything.
      If you can get the site's content than we could put it back, however I would prefer to put it into our CMS, so it won't get lost when we upgrade the site again.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

1.5M + 780 Mbytes in zip for resources and code respectively. Don't know why the zip limit is 10 times lower than the rar limit?
        I don't have the website content.
        Anyway, the clashD8 contains the code, the clashD8resources has all the xml stuff and images, plus a few .bat I used for compiling (which noone probably wants to use except me but there they are, along with old unused tiles).
        Attached Files
        Last edited by LDiCesare; December 17, 2011, 19:36.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
        X