Clash Web Site Discussion/Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi LGJ:

I'm sure he can update it, but someone would need to send him the new version by email. I guess that would be Simon in this case...
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Do you want me to send the model as I posted it, or make an outline, including the comments and discussions? I would rather send it right away, considering my exams.. But I can do an effort if it is needed.

Comment

Hi Simon:

Its really best if the model has an intro bit on what the player gets out of the model, and what in general is in it. Then the detailed model. I think you need to modify the model to put in some of the things we've been talking about also. IMO its better to wait a few weeks and have something that can stay up unmodified for a while. That's because it can take Dom some work to put it up...
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Dom:

The new 'rate us on Apolyton thing seems not to work. The two fields I'm given to vote want my name and email, and then it tells me password is incorrect! When I put my PW in the Email slot, it gets me further but says the rating field is blank even though I entered a rating. I expect something is mangled in the script. Could you check it out when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Thanks Mark! I think I've fixed the problem. It asks for your e mail, but in fact it's asking for you ACS Password. So, I changed the wording.

Dom

Comment

Thanks Dom. I found out one more thing after voting... you need to put in a review. Simply rating the site is not allowed, or so they say. So you may want to add (required) under the review box.

The other request I've got is for you to change the expected date on the demo 5 central page since we've blown by it again . Why don't you change it to 6/22/01. Thanks! -Mark

Comment

Hi Dom:

I just became aware of the fact that the A* link on the Map AI page is screwed up. (its about 2 pages down on the page) can you please replace the current link with this one?: http://theory.stanford.edu/~amitp/GameProgramming/
                thanks!

-Mark

Comment

Requests/Ideas/Comments

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to ask if there were any requests/ideas/comments ?

~Dom

Comment

I was checking the web site and I believe it wants updating:
                    The demo6 doesn't appear neither on http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml nor at http://cullivan.com/coc/frame/index.shtml
                    One has to manually type demo6mark in the URL to get at the download page, which I couldn't guess unless making my way from the forums. Maybe we could replace the 5 in Demo5Central with 6 and update the links, and make the download easier to spot?
                    Clash of Civilization team member
                    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Hey Laurent:

Updates are way behind in several areas. Dom has been suffering a serious attack of RL. Last I spoke to him he expected to get back to it by about now. If it goes a couple days more I will make a few critical changes myself, and also look for someone to do more detailed updates.

Any volunteers if we need a sub webmaster for a bit?

BTW we have kind of migrated to using the thread New Clash Web Site URL as the current web site thread, so its best any requests go there in the future.
                      Last edited by Mark_Everson; December 24, 2001, 06:53.

Comment

Working...
                      X