Near-Term Coding Plans -- Coders please sign in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near-Term Coding Plans -- Coders please sign in

I hope things are going great with everyone!

I heard from Joe recently that he hasn't been able to do anything much because of real life. He was hoping to get back to it soon. Laurent said he is getting going again on the econ code (old version) and I asked him to work more on the "mathematical" parts of the code because that is what can most easily be carried over when the new architecture makes it debut. Since I haven't heard anything for about a month from anyone else... has anyone been working on coding? And if so, what is being done, and when is it likely to be available?

I have a variety of things I can work on, and just wanted to hear what, in your opinions, would likely be done in the near future. That way I can decide where the best place to throw my effort is. The holiday season is one of my most productive times of the year to work on clash, and I want to make sure I'm doing the best stuff possible during it.

Please let me know whats going on.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

I heard by email from Robin. He said he couldn't post on the forum due to the system temporarily not liking his IP address, so I'll copy his post here:

"On the MultiPlayer side of things, I also haven't had a lot of time to work directly on the code, due in part to a new project @ work. But I have managed to redesign my server code. Basically the server now builds its self around an XML structure (rather than using a database); this improves performance (because there are no IO routines). Anyway I'll update the cvs
    repository (details @ www.clash.ukshells.co.uk ) when I get the chance"
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Yes, I'm still 100% on board.

Xmas and real life have just been on my case. But it looks like I'll have time next week, after Xmas, to do whatever I want. So we should make some pretty good progress before the new year.

I'll lurk, but may not post much.

Merry Christmas, ya'll!

Comment

So can you give us the bottom line?
        Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
        Mitsumi Otohime
        Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

A project status report seems like a good idea, Lordy:

There are basically 4 'parts' to the game code --

[*]Data Model --
            Basic architecture is done. The code is about 60% done. It is ready for an 'alpha' release, and other programmers can look it over and begin improving it (this is already happening).[*]User Interface/View --
            Basic Architecture is done. The code is only about 20% along, I think, but we can go forward with a basic alpha release (no isometric graphics yet, tho).[*]'Turn Handlers'/Controller --
            Basic Architecture *mostly* done. Code is only about 20% along. Since this is the 'game flow' or 'functionality' code this is where we most need to spend time next. This is the only thing holding us back from our 'alpha' release.[*]'Middleware'/Networking code
            Basic Architecture seems done, at least in theory. This is not immediately necessary for our first alpha, but the code seems pretty well along. They've certainly done some great work hammering out the 'how to' here![/list=a]

Does that help?

Comment

Does this mean that my idea for the game database and query system isn't feasable?

Comment

Working...
            X