Riots Model v.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodrigo:

I need the information on religions for the radicals part of the character model as to how you are deciding how religions spread since you said there isn't GWR anymore. Personally i liked it, i just thought there was something missing between enthic religions and GWR, ie a leader who decides to forcably expand an ethnic religion of his choice above all others.

Get me this info ASAP because i will need it for many parts of the radical model as well can you send me any new information that has changed in the current social model that you have decided to impliment in the next model (FE how religions split (ie the factors), new modifiers for ethnic attributes, etc.).

Anyway I cannot post my model till atleast the religious part is determined as it will determine how i impliment radicals and near-radicals and whether or not to define differnt types of radicals and how they should differ. The other apects are important for background and personality info as well. I want to make this next model more detailed as right now the character model is one of the most vauge models in some areas, but i can't do this w/o that info.
    Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
    Mitsumi Otohime
    Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

Lordy:

I'm very sorry but there's nothing solid yet on the religions part. I can tell you what I have in mind in a very general perspective and maybe that could help you with your model, but it's just my guess at the moment.

I think we'll have Ethnic Religions and GRW as before. GRW, however, will be grouped. Similar cults will be part of a group, so a branch would be simply an addition to one of the existent groups. So, FE, Christianity would be a group and GRW in it are Orthodox (greek), Catholic and Protestant.

In terms of flexibility, you can have as many GRW you want, but the game should deal only with like 5 or 6 groups.

EG's will choose a group instead of a particular GRW and with *some* criteria, the population will be divided among the GRW that belong to that group.

EG's choose only one group. Formerly I had EG's choosing only one GRW. Now, an EG may follow more than one GRW as long as they belong to the same group (they're similar enough).

As before, GRW attributes will be fixed for the game (with values set at the moment of its birth) and in general, but not in a mandatory sense, they will overshadow Ethnic Religions as time passes by.

About spreading, the same method presented in the social model's document (available also in the first page of the social model thread) will be used in general terms.

That's all I can say for the moment. That's how I envioned it and I know it's still vague, but I haven't found the time to sit down and think about it. Don't quote me on any of the above. They're all guesses at the moment. Sorry I can't help you more now.

Comment

Okay that does help, esp with the fact ur still using GWR. I still think your missing that religion that's between an ER and a GWR. What i mean is one religion that's of enthic origin that becomes more than that, but doesn't spread like a GWR. This is in essence what Hinduism is. These religions cannot spread easily beyond the homeland, but within the homeland the ER can spread and encompass all others. Basically what I'm worried about is that i know all GWRs will have specific names and such to go by and i want to make sure that important ERs have the same sence of respect at getting themselved named (not just cuz the player named them, but because the religion became so powerful that it became more than what it was.

Also for the number of GWR i hope you mean 5-6 at a time is the norm cuz their were tons, well not quite that many, but alot of GWR throughout history, problem is you don't know about them because they were long ago.

Finally i think even GWR need to be able to change somewhat, even if it is slowly. This is espically true with the use of branches because branching requires a dividing of consensus. If you want them to be pretty much static, you can set up the GWR to have a minimum traditionalism of say 75 for any branch, but the need for change is evident espially during periods of revolutionary developement.
        Mitsumi Otohime
        Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

I'm gonna answer you in the social model thread. This one is not meant to deal with religion.

Comment

Oops *O* I was busy needing to get to my job on campus and i guess i clicked the wrong thread.
            [This message has been edited by Lord God Jinnai (edited September 28, 2000).]
            Mitsumi Otohime

Comment

Working...
            X