• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question

What it is a Clash of Civilization ?
    Kind of Civ2 like CTP or what ?
    When it is going to be released ?
    Who are designers ?
    What it would look like - civ 2 or CTP rather ?

The answer is welcom

Check out "an overview of the Clash project" above.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Another question.

Is it possible to download the demo as an working exe file? This would help much since I am eager to try it, and Java console somehow doesnt work for me.

Comment

Sorry. There are ways to make an exe, but I haven't been able to get them to work. Did you try downloading the jre? It works for most, and when it doesn't it usually just takes a quick tweak to make it work.

We will try to make the next one run out of both netscape and IE. Right now it works in IE 5.x only because netscape killed part of java because of a security risk they couldn't handle...

If you download the jre and it doesn't work, I can send you a batch file that will give an error message that usually allows for figuring out what is wrong.
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Get jre2
          Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
          Mitsumi Otohime
          Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

Ok, I would appreciate if you email that batch to me. Also I will download jre2 if that will help. Same site I guess?

Comment

VetLegion:

I'd forgotten, the batch file is already up on the download page. Just make sure you follow all the instructions, then post or email me the output.

You should have downloaded jre 1.2.2 already. You are set in that regard, no need to return to the page.

[This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited February 06, 2000).]

Comment

Yes! It works now, after I downloaded and installed everything again. I dont know what was the problam, but I cant wait to play!

Btw, I ran into clash pages before they were on apolyton, and I remember thinking that it is impossible to finish an internet based project You people shoved me wrong.

Keep up work!
                VetLegion

Comment

Working...
                X