Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History of Warfare: A link between tech and mil models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark: I was thinking in terms of player controlled nomadic provinces. If the player chooses a civilization that starts as nomads, like the Mongols, then we can model that with a special type of province, the nomad province. Eventually they can conquer cities or develop their own, but until then they live in nomad provinces as a part of your civ.

Using provinces for the computer controlled nomadic minor civs is a good idea. Nomads usually claim some patch of territory as theirs, so if you wanted to expand into that territory you would have to fight them or trade with them. Fighting would be done like you were invading any other province, and you could trade with them like you could trade with any other civ.

I think it would be good if every habitable spot on the planet had someone in it at the start. This would make the game a lot more interesting and realistic. I am pretty sure that you are already doing that in most places, the nomad province would allow natives to be put everywhere.

Comment

Actually, depending on ur definition of "habitable" i think that every square shouldn't have a population, atleast enough to do any signifigance as far as conquering, trading, etc goes. Its not realistic.
      Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
      Mitsumi Otohime
      Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

Working...
      X