Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

http://clash.apolyton.net/clash-DemoGraphics1.html

The screenshots on this page; are they the graphics you're up to now? This is what will be used?

I just want to know this, before I ask anymore questions.

Yep, that's the general idea.
    We're still working out specifics.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Ok, I'm a graphic artist, and wouldn't mind helping out, so if you could send me a tile (and the frame of the tile, so I know my limits) to my email address, and I'll do some examples of what I can do.

Then it's up to you to decide to use them or not.

Comment

L o k i:

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the offer. I've sent you what I think is enough to get started.

Mark

BTW we still will need people for interface art too if you're interested...
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

I downloaded the V3 of the game, had a look at it, it's all mumbo jumbo to me now, lol, but as soon as the graphics get in, it should make a lot of sense.

Anyway, I had a look at the tiles in Photoshop 5.5 (That's what I will be using).

I'm a little confused as to how they're going to connect.

I just want to make it clear. The top left? or right? angle will overlap the adjacent angle? Thus getting a more isometric look without any holes between the two tiles?

Oh wait, I get it now, the top left and right angles will overlap any tiles above, otherwise you'll have cities heads chopped off by the top tiles. ha ha.

How you guys plan on lining them up, I haven't a clue.

Anyway, I love how big the tiles are, its great, I'm hoping I can draw large cities now? Can I? Will there be the same 4 different styles as Civ2, then industrial and modern? they're still the same right? I just want to check, before I start doing any artwork.

Lastly, for gods sake.. don't use TIFF files, they are photo formats. If you're going to use 16bit colours, use JPG, just make sure you save it at Maximum quality.
          I mean you don't honestly think you're going to get 64,000 colours in each tile, do you?

That's right, didn't think so!

Comment

I think the same city styles as civ are a reasonable guess. We are still finalizing all the specs, so nothing is Absolutely guaranteed. If you want something fairly safe to start work on, I'm Sure there will be cities in the style of classical antiquity in the Roman or Greek tradition, and modern cities. You're quite correct, for really big cities the city itself will probably fill most of the tile. However, there will be very few of these in the ancient and medieval worlds.

For right now, I think we're going to stick with transparent gifs. Please put whatever graphics-related comments you have in one of the graphics threads, so we don't lose track of your thoughts. And do feel free to question everything... we're kind of making this up as we go along, and I certainly can't guarantee were not going to make some really Stupid decisions along the way. You should especially check out the graphics page on the web site. It has a link to a fairly recent archived forum thread talking about all the graphics issues. The thread I due to a glitch on the forum, so the only place you'll see it is off the web site.

I'm sure that Paul Crocker has some plans for the city tiles that I'm not yet aware of, so take everything I've said as my best guess. Hopefully you guys can put together a Serious plan of attack for us to abuse your talents after he returns.

BTW Demo 4 should be up on the web site within hours if we're lucky!

[This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited December 27, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
            X