No announcement yet.

Clash Demo v2 now available for Download - See parts of the alpha-1 Mil. Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the rest of the world. (the two Americas, Middle and South Africa, Australia, Japan) IMHO with this new military system the oceans and the seas are real barriers in the beginnig of the game.

Blade
    Blade

Comment

The general 'Light Touch' needed to play vs the heavier micromanagement required in Civ2:
      I hate micromanagement, I like to play like a real king or president just do important decisions.

Simultaneous Movement for Military Task Forces (TFs): looks good.

TFs Supporting: seems closer to the reality than anything else (CIV, SMAC, CTP, etc.)

Standard commander decisions to attack/defend or not depending on odds.: Maybe like an option (Smac has this feature) Befor the to army start fighting the system tell the odds ,and the user has an option to start the fight or abandon from the battlefield.
      Idea: we can build armies with different "commanders" with different odd levels. Let say the player wants 3 strong army to defend the country, and 1 army to conquer. So the player can adjust his 3 defending army stronger wining odds, and even 1:1 for his/her conquering army.

Blade

P.S.:
      Mark,
      I cannot start the game under my IDE (my system searhing for different nonexist includes), so I cannot debug it.
      [This message has been edited by Blade Runner (edited October 25, 1999).]
      Blade

Comment

On 1000 BC... Ok, I give up . It only would have held for the 'real' world anyway.

On commanders, Blade, your ideas look good. There will be a Lot more options of that sort in the future, but its gotta start somewhere.

BR: I sent you the dlib library that's probably what you're missing since I didn't include it in the source. (Althought the class files are there in demo 2...)
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

I tried it a week or two ago, I didn't have time to try various things, umm sorry I'm being so vague. Well maybe when I'm not so busy (our teacher basically gave us our final project to do over the weekend) I can get try some stuff and get a full description

Comment

i have been a long time lurker on clash of civs so i decided to see what you guys are up to so i downloaded the demo...

the crash bat never worked for me i always had to use the b_bat

ok now maybe i'm an idot or something but how do you scroll around the map? i am very used to games where the map recenters on the square i click on, i couldn't seem to be able to move around the map and as i was resizing windows (i use 1152x864 res) and changing the map square size my big map got stuck in the english channel and i could never get it back to italy...then i read the forums and found out about the x command

i played two games letting the AI run my civ, it always seemed to bunch up units on the boarders with the civ to the lower left (bad guy #1 perhaps?) and then go on a conquering streak to the north...

all i can suggest if possible would be able to run the game with the mouse only...if possible a mouse activated recentering feature would be nice...being able to access every command from the mouse is one thing that needs to be in the final version

korn469
            [This message has been edited by korn469 (edited October 26, 1999).]

Comment

Glak:

Bummer... Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when the evil project is done

Korn469:

An official welcome :-)
              Glad you ended your lurkerdom...

Well the commands are obviously minimal now... Kinda just the defaults I prefer. We will shoot for mouse-only capability. The scrolling will clearly be there sometime. Just ain't there yet. I'm trying Not to put too much effort into the kludgy testing interface... since that takes time away from work towards the real full-function game. We'll also have as much keyboard-only support as can be managed, so both schools on input should be relatively happy.

So, now that you see we're Doing things as well as talking about them... How about some ideas or constructive criticism on one or more of our game models You'll soon regret having made yourself public!

Mark
              A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Thats a lot of work (and downloads) for me. I'm lazy. I would like to see what you have so far. Is there anywhere I can see some screen shots??

Comment

MWHC:

(I responded to your request for the same info in my advertisement post in strategy, but I guess you didn't see it)

Nope, no screen shots yet. We're still getting our act together on the graphics end. Some provisional map tiles are at http://www1.50megs.com/markeverson/map_tiles.htm . There is much discussion of graphical things here at the forum.

Comment

(I responded to your request for the same info in my advertisement post in strategy,
                    but I guess you didn't see it)

I couldnt remember where that post was. I forgot it was in the strategy section.

Comment

Working...
                    X