Still no release? What are you doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no release? What are you doing?

Somehow there is no visible development of the project since several months.
    It would be very nice if you could fix the problems that prevent normal users from running the actual version of clash and then release it. Don't be afraid of not being perfect.

Peter

------------------
    3DTT - the 3D sequel to Transport Tycoon - demo 4.0 now available on http://www.digitalprojects.com/way-x
    Path of Mankind. Turnbased Civ-like game - demo 15 coming soon

3DTT - 3D Transport, Traffic and Economy simulation - Alpha 7.0 coming soon http://www.digitalprojects.com/way-x

Peter:

I assume by "no visible development" that you mean there is still no widely available demo? Because there Has been progress in several areas like the Government model, Map model, and coding up of the alpha-1 military model. I had been hoping for a lot more progress, but several of the team members, including me, had Real Life issues sideline them for a month or so. And, oh yes, one said he was kidnapped by pirates .

I have sent you a copy of the current demo version. I believe it will run fine on any windows box with a download of the java runtime environment installed. Please let me know it works I would have put it up for download by the general public before now, but didn't have enough people to whom I sent it verify that it works... I do not want to post it only to find out it only works on half the win boxes out there or something like that! Once I have that verification, I'll put it up, and start a thread on how to run it, what's in the game so far, etc.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

On the same note....

I finish work this week and have 2 weeks off before I restart University, so if all goes well I'll be up and running again soon.

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim:

It'll be great to have you back! Once I hook your A* pathing into the new mil model we'll be able to do some Real AI with strategic disposition of troops and such. I can't wait
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Working...
        X