Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

* Dukes, Please update info for your areas, send to Dominique for the new web page *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * Dukes, Please update info for your areas, send to Dominique for the new web page *

Hi everyone:

I know things aren't really settled yet on all the game specs and models. However, we'd like to get the current info up on the new web site. Please polish up the doc for the area(s) you're responsible for, and send them to Dominique. If there are any graphics you think go with your area you are encouraged to send them too. Finally, please put a link to the current thread in the forum discussing your area.

Dominique, do you need anything else?

Thanks everybody,

-Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited June 18, 1999).]
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Yep - we need to decide pretty soon if every page is maintained by the person in charge of the topic OR if every major division is to have someone responsible for it.

While all restructuring still has to be done by me (i.e. inserting new pages / sections), editing of the actual contents should be done by people who know what they are talking about

Well, if we took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy, would they?

Comment

Dominique:

I'm going to propose a method of keeping the web page current that seems most workable to me. I've never Done anything of this magnitude so these comments may not be worth much. It seems to me that the dukes, as you said, should be responsible for Content, but can't all be HTML jocks. I think having an HTML-literate person in charge of the web page for each ducal area (which is the alternative I think you're presenting) is overkill. How about we just have a few people (some have volunteered already) who can convert new info from the dukes into reasonable HTML? The web-helpers could then ship their mods back to the dukes for approval, and if no problems existed ship the new final versions to you.
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Okay, I'd propose the following then:

We distribute the areas / sections among the volunteers who are willing to do the actual layout. To keep the number of people needing ftp access low (think MarkG will appreciate that) I will build the edit function, but it will be built in a way that it accepts true HTML files.

So, when a Duke has some update available for "his" pages, he sends it to "his" layouter who can finetune it and paste it into the site. My cooperation would be needed only when the structure of the site will be touched, not the content.

I think this way we can have the best appearance possible while still having the flexibility we surely need.
        Well, if we took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy, would they?

Comment

Dominique:

Sounds like a Plan.

-Mark

Comment

Working...
          X