Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need pictures for the Logo - historical rulers in profile... Contribute if u can.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need pictures for the Logo - historical rulers in profile... Contribute if u can.

We have some good profiles of statues in the current logo by Dominique (See at bottom of post). However both of the figures are ancient. What we want is a pair of historical ruler figures from different eras, chunks of the world, and ideally gender, in the same medium (statue or oil or whatever) in profile. I have poked around the web with not much success. If anyone out there would like to help out and find a collection of suitable art I would be grateful. You don't have to find both images, even one good one would help us. The ruler, however, should be someone the educated public might recognize. If you find something good, just post it, or a link, here. Some suggestions of good candidates for the rulers are in the Logo thread.

Dominique, any further requirements?

If we get the right set of images (and they must be legal for us to use) Dominique would be able to finish the Logo and use it as a centerpiece on the forthcoming new web site design.

The Logo thread is at:
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum21/HTML/000060.html

The Logo so far: (Excellent Job, Dominique)

Thanks,
    Mark

Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

I love this one! Of course I'm an "ancients" buff, so you'll have to factor that when weighing my opinions.

Some random thoughts:

1) Margaret Thatcher (or Golda Meir) giving Adolph Hitler the evil eye?

2) "Generic" art (i.e. not using recognizable historical figures) depicting a Roman legionnaire staring down a WWII German soldier (nice helmet contrast)

3) I don't want to sound sexist, but how many women are in our target market? 2%? If so, will a cover shot featuring a typical female world leader actually increase sales? Most of them don't look much like Lara Croft!

4) Without thinking about cost issues for a moment , how about one of those laser image covers in which the picture changes when you look at it from a different angle? You know, one view is Pericles vs. Nefertari, tilt, and it's Churchill vs. Hitler!

5) OR, since for now we're only dealing with a Web Site logo, just simulate the tilt effect with a java applet.
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

I prefer to not use Java if it's not absolutely necessary - and on 99% of all sites, it's totally redundant. A similar effect could be done by having a GIF animation, but I'm afraid it would eat up too much bandwidth. And Hitler vs. Churchill? Hmmmmmmmmm (anti-nazi reflexes rising...) ...

Anyway, I'd really like to have some female on the logo, too - personally, I think Nofretete (hm, seems to be a German name - I always thought "Nefretari" was some other Egyption queen / princess...) cane pretty well cope with Lara Croft - apart from the latter's "two prominent cahracteristics", maybe, but Nofretete's sadly are not related...
      Well, if we took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy, would they?

Comment

Folks; I goofed and posted a link on the web thread about Abraham Lincoln so just to be safe will repeat it here.
        http://members.aol.com/RVSNorton/Lincoln14.html

Arguments in his favor are also in the other post.

Rebel

Comment

Working...
        X