Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

* EVERYONE - New High-Level Models Need Your Approval/Criticism Now * Lock-in 6/5 *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * EVERYONE - New High-Level Models Need Your Approval/Criticism Now * Lock-in 6/5 *

Our process calls for Lock-in of the High-Level Models/specs by next week, on June 5th.  I will summarize what needs your perusal, and what isn't out yet below.

We are now on STEP 1:

"Agreement on high-level mechanics / specs for each game element:
    Main Interface; Map, Unit, and other Artwork; Military; Economy; Government;
    Technology; Culture; Customization; AI."

The deadline is 6/5/99.  The High-Level proposals from several Dukes (coordinators) have now come in, and hopefully we'll have more shortly.  I'll direct you to the available ones in this doc.  We need Everyone's brainpower working here on evaluation of these models.  Are they too complicated?  Too hard to make an interface for?  Just plain Boring?  Great?...  Please tell the Dukes in charge Before its too late!  If you think something isn't good, make a counter-proposal.

New/Revised Models or Specs circa 5/30:

Military - Military / Combat Model (Druid2) + Military/Combat System - Whatcha Think? (Mark)

Technology - Research system draft (Hrafnkell)

Culture - Social model proposition (manurein)

Economy - Economic Development Model - Opinions Please? (Mark)

Customization - Scenario editors + Game modify (Blade Runner)

AI - Map AI so far... (JimC, Mark) is in coding (for the rest, need to see approved models first)

Diplomacy - Short Diplomacy Proposal (Mark)

Government (Hrafnkell; Arriving soon)

Main Interface Design (I'll do it when I can if nobody else available, but am woefully un-qualified)  Volunteers?

Map, Unit, and other Artwork (Dominique is away... we'll have to wait for a bit)

Tell us what you think...

-Mark

P.S.  For those who might not know, the process document is in the thread "*
    Proposed Process for Clash Project - Team Members, Please Read / Comment *
    "  Team Members, please check it out if you haven't seen it.

[This message has been edited by Mark_Everson (edited May 31, 1999).]
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Bump
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

Hey All:

One request...

Many of the models are getting good suggestions and appraisals from people. That's great, and was the way it was supposed to work.

However, the Econ model thread, fe, has gotten no opinions Either Way from anyone but the two posters in the area. I know some of you agree with my proposed model's general outlines, but I haven't heard much from the newer people to the project. If you're not interested in econ that's fine, but if you could at least read the intro(s) and give a quick opinion whether either of the models would be preferred, or if one or both are at least ok by you it would be appreciated. Alternatively, if you get a bad feeling about the models speak up now. Even a few sentences of evaluation / criticism would help us out in making sure we're headed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Bump

Comment

I think we may need to delay a few days on the 6/5 deadline, but most things look to be coming along nicely to me.

Thanks for all the hard work you ducal types

-Mark

Comment

Bless You!
            To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Hey guys,

sorry about the delay on the Gov.Model draft. I´m working on it as we speak and the end is near (either of me or the model :-), so be patient!
              Anyway, Mark has already assembled the basic gov.model on the homepage, my draft will only elaborate on that, so go there to see the basic structure for now.

Keli.

Comment

Mark, everyone,

please don't wait for any "gfx outline" from me - experience teaches me that gfx is the thing which depends on all other things, so in the end I will visualize whatever our coders come up with. Furthermore, gfx is the "fine work" and we're just in the planning phase right now, so I don't see any sense in doing a graphical concept right now, since it's very likely to change radically over time, anyway.

The only thing right now is the issue of "custom built units / characters" - who's coding this?

Well, if we took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy, would they?

Comment

Working...
                X