marketing your game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marketing your game

Looked at your forum. Like what I see. I want to buy this game when it comes out. my suggestion: provide a place on some internet site for potential buyers to leave their e-mail addresses so you can notify them when the game comes out then "spam em" when you release. Also maybe sell the test versions at a lower price before final version is completed to 1. get funding to continue your project 2. feedback from players.

------------------

This game will live or die on the quality of the AI.. .no doubt about it.

R2D2 ? are you hiding in this thread?

Comment

Peter:

We were planning on having a guestbook on the new web site. Your idea is good, and we should have a contact-me check-box in the guestbook. I have my doubts about being able to sell the test versions...

Druid2:

Yep, AI and some atmosphere features I think will give us a great marketing niche even with behind-the-curve graphics.

-Mark
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Mark:

If the AI works half as well as you are hoping it will, you are building the next generation of sim engines.

As far as people paying a reduced price for the beta version, isn't that what we have been doing for the last several years, just no company wants to admit it. Put me down on the list for a copy of the program in any form that I can get.

Rebel

Comment

Rebel:

On AI, have you checked out the map AI thread? We have a relatively simple way to help the AIs understand geographic hotspots (continental choke points etc).

On the Industry using betas: LOL, so true...

I've put you on the list. Anyone else that wants to be there please send me an email and include the desired amount of refinement when you'd like to get it. Fe early alpha, beta, etc. Chances of your comments working into the final game will be better the sooner you're in the process.

Alternatively, we will have a guest page available on the new web site where you will be able to register those things soon.

-Mark
          Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
          A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
          Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Working...
          X