If you guys can do it ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you guys can do it ...

Folks, seems we're obliged to REALLY build some fantastic stuff, hm?
    Well, if we took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy, would they?

"If you build it, they will come"
    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Hey Jools:

Thanks for the praise, but the commercial outfits wouldn't touch this project IMO. Not enough glitz.

We aren't medium budget, we're micro-budget. I would say non-exsitent, but I have shelled out some cash for programming environments and books...

And don't mention stickmen graphics, you'll get in big trouble with Dominique. ;-)
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

*L* This is a 5 year project for a game company..

Comment

If you guys can do it ...

You guys (MArkE & others) are programmers. Right? From what i read , I think that the idea's you are implementing are just fabulous.I have feeling that this might actually be something REALLY good. Maybe you should one of th people from Hasbro/Firaxis or activision to check it out. Well?

I think that you are just programmer with a medium budget unlike i.e. Firaxis. I mean if your Clash of Civs will be good than ... how come you are able to pull it off and big time companies like Activision cant?

Is it because you listen to what the people want?Of course

Personally I dont really care for graphics and animation as long as the gameplay is good i can have stickmen for armies.

YOU SHOULD rEEEEAAAALLY SHOW THIS TO SOMEONE . Maybe get a publisher ...

Well , you never know . Maybe Civ 3 will incoroporate some of your ideas ... and you might get some $$$ and start a company ...

P.S. I like the 'ARMY' system . I really dont like units.
          Jools Weevil Jr.
          what have you been drinking again jools?-MarkG
          Have a nice ****ing day

Comment

Working...
          X