Graphics for discoveries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics for discoveries?

This is a question for all ya graphic artists out there. What graphics should we have for the technological advancements, i.e. the one the player sees when he discovers something new? I have no specific ideas myself on the matter, but feel that this is one of the more important areas for good graphics.

As for the atmosphere, you are certainly right if you say those graphics are important - but I think, RIGHT NOW they are utterly unimportant simply for the reason (correct me if I'm wrong) that these will be images only, with no complex relation to the actual gameplay, i.e. you discover an advance and, hey, you get an illustration - but that's more or less it and can be done when there's nothing else to do.

Right now, IMHO deciding on terrain and unit graphics takes precedence because this is an issue the coders must consider, as well.

I feel that everything "interdisciplinary" (gameplay / coding / graphics) should be discussed and solved first, so we get the first set of definite rules and design guideline pretty soon.

Btw. "you graphics artists out there" - who ARE the "graphics artists"? I have absolutely no clue...

------------------
    If somebody asks you "Art thou a god?", you tell him "YES!"
    Well, if we took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy, would they?

Comment

Working...
    X