randomPopulated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randomPopulated

I had a go at making a populated random map to play on. It worked at first, but now I get loads of errors. I've attached the file in case anyone's interested in telling me what i'm doing wrong. I copied most of the code from the social test scenario.
    Attached Files

Hey demi pomme:

I don't have time to check it out, but one debugging approach that should work is to start at where it worked, and then add about 10% of the new stuff at a time and see where it breaks. If you just get a few errors at a time it's a lot easier to figure out what's going on.

Cya,

-Mark
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

You put the Celtic & Germanic people's religion as "Paganism" when it should have been "Celtic Paganism" and "Germanic Paganism"

-Edit-
      Oh, I also upped the population to 100,000 from 1,000 and it still took 60 turns to build a warrior unit!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by alms66; February 9, 2005, 05:22.

Comment

It's a nice map, I didn't even realize you could do something like that. Population is, indeed, too low to start with. I don't know how economics are setup but it would probably help if we could set them up in hte file instead of it finding out figures out of the population in a given square.
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by alms66
          You put the Celtic & Germanic people's religion as "Paganism" when it should have been "Celtic Paganism" and "Germanic Paganism"
          Thanks for your help! I knew it was probably a silly error but looking through the code I couldn't find it.

I understand a bit more about the economy stuff now, but I thought it would be most interesting just to use the tech tree and units from the technology test scenario. I hope the maker of that scenario doesn't mind!

It's playable now, but the ai doesn't do anything. Any suggestions?
          Attached Files

Comment

No, I don't mind.

My only big comments on the scenario thus far are:

1. You seem to be using the old version of the tech tree, before I fixed it and (unless I'm mistaken) uploaded it to the server. You should switch to the newer version as it has a much smoother progression of technology and is much closer to being balanced.

2. There seems to be an issue with the square's "terrain" tag. You forced all capital cities to be flat terrain in the scenario file, but it doesn't appear that way in game.

3. Every game I've started thus far after building a unit, the unit graphic does not display, though I can move the unit around and conquer with it. This may be the same 'disappearing unit' bug I reported a while back and/or it could be linked to #2 somehow.
            Last edited by alms66; February 19, 2005, 16:04.

Comment

Working...
            X