No announcement yet.

Fixing the enemy units behind-the-lines problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree...control of the capital while important, did not mean you effectively controllled more than the surrounding area. It is where the a lot of infrastcuture and populace and most of the adminstrative infra usually are, but then it becomes a race simply to go after the capital and ignore everything inbetween because you know you'll get it when the capitcal flips, reguardless of whether or not you have a single troop oustide the capital in the province.
    Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
    Mitsumi Otohime
    Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

(BTW There is a bug where the influence map doesn't update properly. The bright red from Hannibal's passage through Gaul [while playing Romans] remains even when he is long gone and in the Italian peninsula!)
      Yes, I don't recompute the map shown on each turn. If you click again on the map filter, it will update, though. I add it on my list of things to do.
      2 turns is already long for influence of an army. It's been quite common for armies to not move because an enemy army was known to be nearby, but 3 turns is really long imo. And if I put that to some power, the effect would be really low so I'm not sure if it's worth using a complex equation that will take lots of time to cimpute if it's almost the same result as a simple one? I can easily add 1 turn or 2, but I'm not sure it's useful.
      I think the conquest of a capital now takes military influence into account for every square (considering how I coded it, it should, but it may be bugged, I ahven't tested recently).
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
      X