No announcement yet.

Clash Version Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure it scales up to certain limits and will be perfect for Clash. But at work, we have in the tens (maybe even hundreds) of millions of lines of code, and I am not sure subversion scales up to that. Anyway, when they tried CVS way back then, it didn't, so we have something else.
    I'll probably do big commits because I can't access the web during the week (most of the time). But I'll go for per-file commit as much as I can.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
      I'm sure it scales up to certain limits and will be perfect for Clash. But at work, we have in the tens (maybe even hundreds) of millions of lines of code, and I am not sure subversion scales up to that. Anyway, when they tried CVS way back then, it didn't, so we have something else.
      Oh, yes, I was thinking about Clash above. I don't really know how well it would work for huge projects.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

OK, you've won me over

I'm a convert, this is Much easier than the email stuff! The only problem with my first commit is that I couldn't figure out how to put the comment up right, and got a generic one instead.

Cya,

Mark
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

TortoiseSVN is driving me crazy.

I downloaded it and installed it (under XP).

The programs list now, under Tortoise, lists:
          • Help
          • TortoiseMerge
          • Website

and nothing else.

No program.

What is missing?

In effect, how do I get Tortoise to run, or do something?

Cheers

Comment

I had the same problems Gary. The win version uses windows explorer (WE) intimately.

1. Fire up WE
            2. Right-click on the dir that you want to put the files in
            3. Pick "Update" from the menu (It is shown in Vovan's screen shot above)
            4. Put in the url etc as V says in #2 of his first post in this thread. Add your ID and PW.

Should grab all the files at that point IIRC.

The help file that comes with the program is also useful in getting that first load.
            Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
            A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
            Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Thanks, Mark.

It all worked fine.

Like you, I am convinced.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X