Standard Clash Tech Tree: Stone Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Clash Tech Tree: Stone Age

This thread is for discussion of the Stone Age portion of the tech tree. You may want to check the general thread for more information.

- Edit - 06/15/04
    As I am concentrating on getting a working tech tree asap, I'll be ingnoring this Age for a bit, concentrating on the Copper Age, though I'll make my way back here later.
    Last edited by alms66; June 16, 2004, 00:49.

*Please note that I will eventually come back and divide these into Applications, Skill Techs, Field Techs and Theory Techs.*

Stone Age Technologies:

Adze
    Agriculture
    Animal Fat Oil
    Animal Herding
    Atlatl
    Axe
    Backpack
    Barter
    Basketry
    Bead working
    Beads
    Bow and Arrow
    Bow Drill
    Bowl
    Bracers
    Bread
    Burial Ground
    Cave dwelling
    Cave Painting
    Ceramics
    Ceremonial Burial
    Cheese Making
    Chisel
    Club
    Communal Dwelling
    Coracle
    Crutches
    Cuirass
    Cultivation
    Dancing
    Dog Sled
    Domestication
    Drinking Horn
    Drum
    Dugout Canoe
    Dyeing
    Earth Fired Pottery
    Family Dwelling
    Fence
    Fire
    Fire-starting Bow
    Fish Hooks
    Fish Trap
    Fishing Nets
    Fishing Pole
    Flint Working
    Flour
    Food Preservation
    Funerary Customs
    Furniture
    Gathering
    Gauntlets
    Grave
    Greaves
    Hammer
    Harpoon
    Hearthstone
    Helmet
    Hide
    Horn Signal
    Hunting
    Javelin
    Jewelry
    Kiln
    Kiln Fired Pottery
    Knife
    Ladle
    Language
    Leather
    Lever
    Mallet
    Mast
    Mortar & Pestle
    Mud Brick
    Music
    Needles
    Oars
    Paddle
    Paint
    Pan Pipes
    Pauldrons
    Permanent Settlements
    Pick
    Pick Axe
    Pins
    Pottery
    Pulley
    Raft
    Rattle
    Reed Boat
    Reed Brick
    Reed Construction
    Reed Raft
    Religion
    Rope
    Rotary Drill
    Sail
    Saw
    Settling
    Shield
    Sinew
    Skin Clothing
    Skis
    Sled
    Sledge
    Snowshoes
    Spear
    Spindle
    Spinning
    Spoon
    Stone Brick
    Stone Knapping
    Stone Lamp
    Sun-dried Brick
    Tanning
    Tent
    Territory
    Torch
    Traps
    Trepanation
    Trident
    Urbanization
    Weaving
    Wood Axe
    Last edited by alms66; May 28, 2004, 08:24.

Comment

***This Space is protected by Federal Law***

Comment

Which period of the Stoneage? Paleo, Meso or Neo are we dealing with?
        Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
        Mitsumi Otohime
        Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

LGJ,

Sorry, I must have missed this one before.

I didn't intend to use any specific era of the Stone Age, just the key techs that led to civilization and those needed to allow nomadic civs an alternative tech route that will keep them viable until the mid to late Middle Ages, at the very latest.

Obviously, from the number of techs listed here, we may need to break with accuracy and place some into the Copper Age, combine and drop as many as possible, or simply live with an overshadowing Stone Age.

Comment

Still, that is many more techs than the average player could comfortably handle. Without a good degree of automation and such, it would be very difficult to work with, as far as I know.
            Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

In the beginning the player won't have specific knowledge enough to reaearch a tech application, likely just 1st tier.

In essence each teir is more detailed the its parent tier and more specific in its nature. FE Astromony is a pretty broad subject. In fact its broad enough to be listed a general branch of science. Planetary Science is a bit more specific, but still quite broad. Research on Space Travel is fairly specific, but incorpete the application techs like satelites, shuttles, rockets, orbital elevators, orbital catapults, etc.
              Which Love Hina Girl Are You?
              Mitsumi Otohime
              Oh dear! Are you even sure you answered the questions correctly?) Underneath your confused exterior, you hold fast to your certainties and seek to find the truth about the things you don't know. While you may not be brimming with confidence and energy, you are content with who you are and accepting of both your faults and the faults of others. But while those around you love you deep down, they may find your nonchalance somewhat infuriating. Try to put a bit more thought into what you are doing, and be more aware of your surroundings.

Comment

Working...
              X