Strategic Balance/Nuclear Model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategic Balance/Nuclear Model?

Well, I recently downloaded v 7.2, after deciding to get into the act. CoC is rather fun...although the barbarians in the tutorial scenario are probably smoking something pretty strong. You guys have had a lot of good ideas! The best part? CoC contains about 98% of my wishlist for a Civ-style game.

Now my question is this: In the Modern Age, or some such, will there be nuclear weapons, and if so, how will they affect diplomatic relations? Will MAD and Strategic Balance be handled? And would it be possible to have arms control treaties? Your website DID say that Clash emphasized historic accuracy. And this is just a slight inquiry...nothing too probing by my standards.
    Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

There should be nuclear weapons. I don't know exactly what their effects would be, sicne we're far from coding that (a lot of time periods to do before), I wouldn't commit to implementation issues, though I think that:
    -I prefer civ/civ2 (or CtP2) handling of these units over civ3.
    -MAD should be implemented. Same for arms control. We might look at CtP2 code when we do that, since they addressed these issues and the code is now available. I precise that I'm interested in the ideas, not the actual code.
    But then we still have to discover gunpowder...
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
    X