Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the differences betwen 7.2 and 8.0 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the differences betwen 7.2 and 8.0 ?

Thank's !

"Soon" is : in two weeks, one month or more ?
    L'Arabe Dément
    l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

I would say : what is planned for 8.0 version of Clash ?

L'Arabe Dément
    l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

Well, Laurent and Gary are the ones who really know. . . and they can add to or correct what I've put down. But to start things off, D8 should have:

1. New Military AI
      2. Govt/ Social / Riots models moderately well implemented (missing several things IIRC)

other fairly likely things include:
      3. Better Naval Combat
      4. Save Games
      5. New graphics for units (?)

What else guys?

As to timing, we'll have to wait for the coders on that one.
      Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
      A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
      Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

i worry about gary's map, how different will it be from the current one - how many units and overlays are worth doing?
        Last edited by yellowdaddy; March 9, 2004, 08:52.
        click below for work in progress Clash graphics...
        clicaibh sios airson tairgnain neo-chriochnaichte dhe Clash...
        http://jackmcneill.tripod.com/

Comment

"Ruler" window work ?

Because i play scenarios without modifiying parameters of Ruler's window and in making no research, just producing units ...
          L'Arabe Dément
          l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

Another question, an epic game is planned for 8.0 ?

Because i can't play random scenarios
            L'Arabe Dément
            l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

An answer to the topic title. The difference between 7.2 and 8 is 0.8.

Cheers

Comment

This is a secret project ?

EDIT : yesterday i have made a good game in scenario "Dawn" Chapter 1

I loved the final comments

Long life to the project
                Last edited by Abdul Alhazred; March 12, 2004, 09:08.
                L'Arabe Dément
                l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

"Ruler" window work ?
                  Yes it will work.

There's also a new user interface to build military units based on criteria and not on what units are available. It would need work, but I put it up for the ai (yes, building a user interface to code the ai looks dumb but I did it that way) so I'll wait for feedback to see if anyone uses it or likes the idea.

Government model will probably be missing regimes, depending on how long it takes Gary to code the save part and how much work they throw at me at work (right now it's between "very much" and "a lot more", which doesn't leave much time for me to code at home for probably one month). Not all riot types will be available, not all the subtleties of the social model, mostly because I strongly believe I need a tech tree before you can see the model in action (evolution of the moral code, culture, etc.).
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
                    There's also a new user interface to build military units based on criteria and not on what units are available. It would need work, but I put it up for the ai (yes, building a user interface to code the ai looks dumb but I did it that way) so I'll wait for feedback to see if anyone uses it or likes the idea.
                    Hi Laurent:

I'm a little embarrassed to pump up this thread but...

I had forgotten all about this feature, and just tried it . I put in several different sets of waiting for the priorities, but it seemed to always pick siege weapons as the representative unit. If this interface has been left by the wayside, I won't bother you more about it. However, if it really works and I just don't understand what's going on, if you could give me a short description of how to use it, I would appreciate it.
                    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
                    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

What figures did you put? If you set breach to anything not zero, then you'll always get siege weapons because they are the only units who can give you that.
                      I tried Carthago and set attack to 1, leaving the rest to 0 and got legions.
                      Basically, here's how it works (remind that it's actually built for the ai...):
                      One knows one needs armies made of f.e. 1000 attack strength, 300 defense and 20 breach points. This turns into a set of numbers reduced in 0-1 range like 1 for attack, 0.3 for defense and 0.02 for breach. All units are then compared to these numbers, and the best match is chosen. The match is done by multiplying the unit figures power that number (considering X power 0 = 1), and multiplying everything together (cost is actually 1/cost).
                      So the ai needs that an even low importance characteristic which is available by only one unit must provide that unit as a result. The difference between the ai and the panel is that the ai upates its needs constantly, so that when it's built 20 breach points or more, it updates its profile to something like attack 1, defense 0.3, and starts producing other units. That's a bit more complex, but that's the idea.
                      I typically use this to create borad categories with very few characteristics. Things like attack = 1 (attackers), attack = 1, cost = 0.5 (emergency attackers), breach = 1 (breachers), and let the rest to 0.
                      This interface is actually not very useful until we have new units appearing thanks to new techs.
                      Clash of Civilization team member
                      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
                      X