Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translation in french ???

or other languages ???

Because read in Shakespeare's language is difficult in a too new game for me

It's planned ? One day ?

In 1 year, 1 siecle, 1 thousand years ?

Thank you for your answer !
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%
    L'Arabe Dément
    l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Hi Abdul, we are planning to internationalize as much as possible. But we have not even begun to actually do it. As for timing, I really can't say. A year or two? It just depends on how the other vital tasks go. I expect French would be one of the first, since Laurent is a long-standing dedicated team member from France.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

Salut Abdul!
      I answer both in French and English:
      Internationalization requires some infrastructure we don't have yet but which is not that hard to get for all the menus, etc. The biggest thing to do will be to track each string, translate each title and, mostly, each scenario text into localised versions. That is not currently a priority.

Traduire demande un peu de code d'infrastructure qu'on n'a pas encore ecrit, mais cela ne prendrait pas trop de temps a faire pour les menus, titres... Le plus dur sera de traquer et traduire chaque chaine de caracteres, en particulier le texte des scenarii. Ce n'est pas une priorite pour le moment car ca prend pas mal de temps. Toutefois, si tu es interesse, je peux traduire les scenarii (Dawn of the Civilizations, le tutoriel, en particulier). Cela ne donnera pas de version traduite a l'interieur du jeu (evenements), mais tous les paneaux dus a des evenements peuvent etre traduits sans trop de peine.
      Clash of Civilization team member
      (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
      web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Pas de problème !

Seulement si j'ai Civ 3 en VO, c'est que je n'ai pas attendu, et dieu (+) sait que j'ai bien fait , par contre pour Clash, j'ai rien compris comment on faisait les budgets ou les constructions ! Du coup je l'ai désinstallé

Oui Civ 3 en anglais me gêne pas, mais Clash idem ...

Sinon, y'a pas que Clash, y'a Evolution (quasi mort) et Humanité4 (pas très vivant) --> les deux du côté francophone .

Y'avait bien un certain Civ-Like mais ses programmeurs ont cédé aux sirènes de l'argent

P.S : tu connais Lovecraft ? Nyarlathotep, Dagon, Yog-Sototh, Yuggoth, Azatoth, le Pays des Rêves ...
        L'Arabe Dément
        l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

I was very keen on this from the beginning, and tried to ensure that the infrastructure for internationalization was always there, using the the provisions of the Java language (which I actually used once, for a program that now is being using in Brazil - in Portugese).

I do not think that it is a big deal. I look forward to a Maori version.

I can help...

Cheers

Comment

and a Gaelic version?!

(airson 's gaidhail a tha mi, b'urrain do ma tha fir gun tha fhios a labhairt iad, nach e?!)
            click below for work in progress Clash graphics...
            clicaibh sios airson tairgnain neo-chriochnaichte dhe Clash...
            http://jackmcneill.tripod.com/

Comment

Gaelic and Maori are not the first spoken languages in the world
              L'Arabe Dément
              l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

Nor are English or French. Mandarin rules!

Cheers

Comment

L'Arabe Dément
                  l'Arabe Fou

H.P. LOVECRAFT

Comment

Hello, guys !

I'm French too. I work on Humanite4 ( pas très vivant !! ) so I will reply to Abdul Alhazred.

Yes, our website ( humanite.fr.st ) is not very animated. But we are working on our project as much as possible. Humanité is not advanced as Clash ( certainly because we started later and we are only two persons working on ). I'm now trying to write a GUI library ( there are some test programs on the site ) and some other libraries have already been written.

The most important job done is the "texte bilan" : my cousin have thought of an interesting synopsis and we've discussed lots of points of the game.

But, if you want to help us in order to make our website "alive" ( I'm not sure it's good in English, sorry ), you can post your ideas on the forums or mail me. Civ-likes are player dependants !

Thank for your interest and good luck for Clash of Civilizations !
                    Steph.dz, co-founder of
                    Humanité : Le 4è Projet ( http://www.humanite.fr.st )
                    A civ-like project with a big management part and which main goal is : "Reality, nothing else than reality !"

Comment

I could do the dutch one, and possibly assist for the French, if Laurent prefers to advance the code.
                      My exams are nearly finished, I'm just popping in for a moment. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                      X