No announcement yet.

Military/econ user interface and the ai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This interface is available under a Mili. button in the code I last sent Mark.
    (Does this look like a shameless bump?)
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

This all looks very nice. Has it been released yet? The most current version I have (7.7) does not have any of this.

I also ran into a problem with getting orders hidden. I was able to use the economics.xml to hide the Food and Manufacturing tech orders, but I was not able to hide a new tech I made for a scenario:
      Code:
      <!-- ===New, hidden technology to be used as a counter for victory== -->

<technology>
        <name>Families Captured</name>
        <tier>3</tier>
        <growthrate>1</growthrate>
        <upkeep>0</upkeep>
      </technology>

<activity>
        <name>Capture</name>
        <description>Kidnap families so they don´t fight</description>
        <recipient>
          <name>Families Captured</name>
          <proportion>1</proportion>
        </recipient>
      </activity>

<govteconordersinfo>
        <ordertypename>Capture Tech</ordertypename>
        <orderclass>stub</orderclass>
        <hidden>true</hidden>
      </govteconordersinfo>
      The player can still invest in the tech. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Hi Richard, glad to see you going again on the scenarios!

Originally posted by Richard Bruns
        This all looks very nice. Has it been released yet? The most current version I have (7.7) does not have any of this.
        I have a version of the code that is about a week old. Let's hear from Laurent about what the best code to give you would be. My inclination is to simply take the code that has all the latest features he's discussed and the new xml commands, and realease it to you as a testbed. What do you think Laurent?

I also ran into a problem with getting orders hidden. I was able to use the economics.xml to hide the Food and Manufacturing tech orders, but I was not able to hide a new tech...

The player can still invest in the tech. What am I doing wrong?
        I don't know. It could be the order in which the xml is being read. Send me the whole scenario xml, and I'll see what is going on. Probably won't be before next weekend though unless it is really simple.

Cya,

Mark
        Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
        A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
        Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

The files-all is declared before the code you just saw. Here's the scanario, though. And it is fairly small:
          Attached Files

Comment

I'll setup a most-recent code version to use as a testbed. The version with that UI is not public yet.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
            X