Kings and Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings and Pirates

I am working on a second turn based game. It will be a game which will be based in the time when pirates roamed the seas. I am planning to keep developing my other game to.

I am making this game mainly becourse I am wanting to learn Delphi with it and I like pirate games.

I will be using the civ2 graphics so be sure to own civ 2 if you want to play it. I am working on a deal to maybe getting some good free graphics but this could take months yet.

Here is a screenshot :

Screenshot

The engine can be downloaded below :

download

btw - use the mouse to draw and use keys 1 to 7 for different stuff to draw. Cursors to scroll. f11 = screenshot

btw 2- please let me know the framerate and system you are on.
    Last edited by Nebula; October 11, 2002, 11:39.

You should look out for graphics in the scenario league/civ2 creation forum (top thread). You will be able to ship them and have no legal issues with these as the authors have put them there for other people use.
    Unfortunately, I will be unable to download your game for a while as I have ISP problems (I am repeating myself).
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I looked at the art thread and found one picture with terrain graphics, I might use this if I cannot get enough original graphics of my own.

btw, you are not missing much with not being able to download the 'game'. It is only a basic iso engine with editing and autosorting terrain.

Comment

i'm very curious to see how this turns out, keep up the good work

Comment

I have found a nice chat bot that I think I want to use in the game. I want to modify and integrate it completely in the game. I am currently investigating the possiblities.

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

btw, the chats with the bots would have influence on the game, I am particular fixed on that.

Let me know.

Comment

i'm not quite sure what you mean.

how would a "chat bot" fit into the gameplay?
            Last edited by neonext; November 10, 2002, 00:27.

Comment

oh and i downloaded it and gave it a try.

good job

i noticed you implemented smooth scrolling

everything worked great, the mouse clicking, the placing of the terrain, the pop-up window, the scrolling of the map. couldn't find a single bug.

keep up the good work Nebula! i want to see this game finished hehe

Comment

Well not many bugs at the moment but I am just getting started.

Anyway the bot is a idea I have, I hope I can make it a fun gameplay addition.

Comment

can u explain the general concept of what the gameplay will consist of?

Comment

is this project dead? What's the status, Neb?

Comment

No, the project is not dead. My other project has priority at the moment but I could continue on this game at any point.

Last thing I did for this project was make the pathfinding.

> can u explain the general concept of what the gameplay will consist of?

no I cannot, I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X