Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clash of Civilizations Looking for Webmaster Talent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clash of Civilizations Looking for Webmaster Talent!

Our current webmaster, Dom has been sidelined for months, so its time to at least find a co-webmaster. If the present situation continues I expect someone who works out would become the official webmaster. There are Many updates that need to be made.

If you're interested, respond here or by email.

BTW FTP access to the site isn't available right now, so I can't do even the most vital updates myself. The admins know about the problem, and Hopefully it'll be cleared up shortly.
    Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
    Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Still looking for help if anyone is interested! We have a great site, just check it out! But we do need someone to help out Dom with it...

-Mark
    A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).

Comment

In case anyone is interested we still need web site talent to help out with and possibly take over our Apolyton-based web site!

Comment

Umm... Methinks you need a bit more advertising... (sorry, no talent here)
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Try asking on the OT board or other sites.
          I only know how to do basic things like add images and tables
          Cant even put in a line
          Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Mark:

I'm not too bad at web sites, but I'm no genius either. I can do some complex things like style sheets and basic javascript, but none of the fancy programming. Take a look at my website for a gander at what I can do if you want (link at the bottom of my sig). I take it you still need help.

Comment

Hi Dale:

I checked out the web site and it looks pretty good! I have to admit that given that you have History of Empires that you are working on, I'd be reluctant to add another responsibility. I would suspect that both History and the Clash web page would suffer. In addition, I've already gotten a nibble from someone responding to my post in the OT forum. And I'd like to give him a shot first... but if you're still interested, you could give a read of the thread Lookin' for webmaster talent to run Clash of Civs web site to see what's involved. Please let me know about your thoughts on the time constraints issues, and we can take it from there.

Darkknight:

Thanks for the suggestion! It's a pretty amusing coincidence that I posted in the OT forum on this subject about a half-hour before you made the suggestion... you can see the thread via the link above if you'd like .

Comment

Mark:

See my post in your OT thread.

Comment

heh. Could be a case for The X-Files
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Urban Ranger has agreed to be our new webmaster! And Dale is now working on tutorials and scenario creation. So the purpose of this thread is, at least for now, accomplished.

But don't be stymied we can also use:

Artists! (2d iso graphics)
                    a wordsmith type to work on tutorials and the web site
                    java coders
                    people to just look over our designs and give opinions and ideas
                    playtesters
                    (insert your favorite skill here )

Comment

Working...
                    X