No announcement yet.

EIT Introductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, well I finally got here.... been having trouble with my puter access and lots of work at uni, but Im here now and Im up for the game

Ive had some ideas that I want to throw at people, but I have to finish thinking them out before I do that...

Oh yeah... Im compitent(ish) in C/C++ and I know the basics of DX.... I'm here cos it sounds fun and I want to learn....

Hope I can be of some assistance...

Schmacker

Comment

Schmacker

Better late than never.
      Now let's hear some of those ideas???

Comment

As I said these ideas are not thought out completely, but here goes a couple; Ethos, Caulture & Resource Strain.

Caulture: As your civilization grows it will be tailored to the way that you lead it. Over the generations you will shape the civilization to the way you think. Therefore, shouldn't the caulture also change as the generations pass??? Shouldnt they become people that fit into a caulture that is a certain way? Take, for example, the player that goes hard nuts on tech vs the player that is very millitaristic, expansionist. They techys people will grow up in a caulture that promotes science and reason above all else, while the milltary dudes people will grow up in a very war orientated society were service is all. What would this ecuate to?? Well the techy guy might get better research, but might also have to maintain a certain level of reserch or the people will get pissed at him, while the millitary guy might get bonuses to his troops, but might take penalties to smoe of the none millitary functions like the other buildings. Of course this is far from thought out, but it could add another dimention to the game.

Ethos: This is a lot like caulture, and probably the twop might fit to gether in the end, but where caulture is the way of life you "bread" into your people by your actions, ethos is more the belife system that the caulture has. At the start of the game each civ would get a random ethos. Each of these ethos's would have a certain worship system, like nautre worship, or leaders are gods. This would define their outlook on life and their reactions to certain things. I dont know how exactly this might work, but a thought would be that a nature ethos might get better harvests and stuff, but might not be able to put to much strain on the enviroment. Needs a lot of thought.

Resource Strain: This one is already in the original civ, sorta'. If you remeber the email I sent you, saying that you could have billions of people on a continent, I meant that there seemed not to be any form of strain on the resources. The cities each used their own regions resources to grow then there is no interaction between cities as they compete for resources. Each one would be free to get as big as they could get from the land around with no worries about having a city the same size next door, which just doesnt happen in real life. So I was thinking that there could be some kind of overlaping effects from large cities that interfers with any smaller cities that are nearby.

Those are the thoughts for now... Ill see if I come up with any more later...

bye

Schmacker

Comment

Is there anything new with this?

I think that with a provincial/regional map 2d terrain would be preferable, actually,no real terrain would be preferable, instead having the region colored by owner and right clicking to bring up terrain info. How's that sound?

Comment

One advice from me is to check out clash of civs and/or GGS models. what I learned is that although we started independant, our models are so much alike, as if same people were writing both.

also, you might want to check out the List.

Comment

Working...
            X