screen of my game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen of my game

Here is the screenshot I had promised. Keep in mind this is in a REALLY early stage and all the art is taken from Civ2 and other places. The pic was resized 2:1 so that will probably make it a lil bit blurry

This is written in C++ using DirectX7

btw, anyone alive out there? This forum is so dead now...
    Attached Files
    Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Looks good. The graphics seem like CTP's glossy screens.

The gloss is good.

Keep up the good work
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Nice. Was it hard to get the isometric view, and the special color of the water near the shore?

Mine isn't going to look nearly that nice. I'm going to have solid colored hexagons...

Miznia
      I hate oral!!

Comment

>Nice. Was it hard to get the isometric view, and the special color >of the water near the shore?

The beaches are just different ocean tiles. It looks nice now because its all ripped from other games. As for the isometric view, it was a little bit harder than i expected but it wasnt very difficult. I'd have to say the hardest part of implementing the isometric view is getting the coordinate system right for the map and getting the uneven rows to display correctly. I thought that the tile clipping was going to be hard but I got that in rather easily.

>Mine isn't going to look nearly that nice. I'm going to have solid >colored hexagons...

True, yours might not look nice because you won't be using actual terrain tiles, but i think what your doing is a great idea. Politically colored hexagons - that adds a lot to the game. What you are losing in graphics, you are making up for in gameplay.

-dex

Comment

here's another shot, this one shows selected unit icons for the player and the AI, as well as ownership flags and hit point bars. Also in the shot is the latest thing I've added: countdown timers for the units, like how i discussed in the other thread

i tried to zoom in on this pic
          Attached Files

Comment

Aha! That's your stuff!

I dowloaded a demo on it - it looks pretty damn slick, looks like you have your act together.

I'm doing my stuff in Allegro (www.allegro.cc) which is like a game-writing library which acts as a wrapper for DirectX in windows, but also works on other platforms (such as BeOS and Linux)

See ya'll!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X