Guide to Alt Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to Alt Civs

is done. it's not linked to the main page yet... I'm waiting for the dev guys' input/comments/suggestions/etc.

Draft I

[This message has been edited by only human (edited February 21, 2001).]

Wow! Super excellent job, Human! That isn't anything like what I was imagining, and it works a whole lot better than what I would have tried Once the thumbnails are in, that will be perfect summary.

I seem to be more verbose than everyone else, don't I? Oops. I have only two comments for MD. One, change the Graphics entry to "Direct3D" and lose the quote about it. I think Direct3D will be explanatory enough.

Second Comment: There is only one "l" in my last name

I'll send our screenshot no later than this weekend. I am desperately trying to get our new path drawing routines finished, and it'd be much better if those were shown in the shot (the old ones are really ugly). Shouldn't take me more than another day or two.

Ron
    [This message has been edited by RonHiler (edited February 22, 2001).]
    Manifest Destiny - The Race For World Domination
    -Playable Alpha now available!
    http://www.rjcyberware.com

Comment

ahhhh! I always hate when they screw up my name, now I'm one of those evil people. anywho, fixed... we're still on Draft I =)...

as for the screenshot, you guys can send me the 'big' one and I can make a nice thumbnail myself (I wanna keep them the same size)

Comment

Nice! Sure you're only human?

Small correction on the release date though: No sooner than 2002.

Actually, for those wanting a closer estimate, 6-12 months from the time MD goes gold sounds about right.

You'll have to wait a while on my screenshot, being that I can't even take one right now (my computer has been in hell for a week, I've got a programming competition tomorrow, and my computer has only moved up to purgatory). I'll try to make it worth the wait though; I think I'll even write an internal screen capture mechanism so my unregistered HyperSnap doesn't mark up the picture.
        Jason Kozak
        Slick-6 Project Lead

Comment

Firstly, great work
          For GGS
          Type of Play: just say MP, SP

Sorry, that we dont have a screenshot yet, GGS is still very new.

Comment

updated.

Comment

Hi only human! Great Job! Can you go ahead and hook it up for real? Its just been sitting there... BTW I have the second image you requested up. Its in my post of Feb 28 in the other thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Mark
              Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
              A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
              Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

excellent

this is exactly what i wanted, but even more than i expeced.
                makes the alt civs comprehensible, and I will use it to determine which one to follow, or at least as a basis for questions.

Lord of the mark
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                X