A hello...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hello...

...from your (*cough*)God(*cough*), Anyway...err... yeah... welcome to the Alt Civs forum, I am the superior entity (I'm still inferior to 2 other ones...), and I'm here to polic... to make your stay here an enjoyable one...

cheers,
    onepaul
    --------
    sometimes I'm sarcastic, but I don't indicate it with a wink... for the thrill of it... and I can't spell...

Hi Paul,

It's great that the Alt Civ section has gotten its own webmaster. Let me first say "Welcome", and I hope you enjoy your new post.

First, I have a question. I notice, Paul, that you are the webmaster for FreeCiv (nice site, BTW), which is a member of the Alt Civ section. This being the case, do you think you can administer the Alt Civ site in a relatively unbiased manner? (Understand, I make no accusations of bias, I just wonder. I know were I to run the Alt Civ section, I probably would unconciously give Manifest Destiny more than its fair share of coverage, so I'm curious what you think of this issue).

Now to suggestions for the section.

One: How about we remove some of the dead wood from the section? Ancient Prophecy (for example) has been dead for quite some time, and the web site no longer makes any mention of the game at all. Unless you guys know something I don't, I don't see any reason to leave it up. I could say the same for Slick-6 (though in that case, I suspect I know more than you guys do, since the designer is also our webmaster, and we communicate quite a bit. I happen to know the game is still in development. Still, you may want to ask him what the heck the deal is with his own game's site! Perhaps that will get him to update it, I've been after him to put his site back together for a while now, heh).

Two: How about some updates on the reviews? I know the MD review/screenshots are way out of date (although I'd certainly rather wait for at least Alpha1 before being re-reviewed in my particular case). We also need reviews on FreeCiv and Great Nations.

I know, easier said than done. Still, something to keep in mind, perhaps. Do you have other plans for the section, or are you thinking on keeping it more or less as it is?

Ron Hiler
    Lead Programmer
    Manifest Destiny
    Manifest Destiny - The Race For World Domination
    -Playable Alpha now available!
    http://www.rjcyberware.com

Comment

Hey there Ron,

quote:

This being the case, do you think you can administer the Alt Civ site in a relatively unbiased manner?

Well, it may seem as Freeciv is receiving more attention, but that's because I had to create the website from scratch, where as for the other ones, I did only minimal changes, but I'm hoping to have all the other games' sites look something like our Freeciv page here at ACS...

quote:

One: How about we remove some of the dead wood from the section? Ancient Prophecy (for example) has been dead for quite some time, and the web site no longer makes any mention of the game at all. Unless you guys know something I don't, I don't see any reason to leave it up.

I contacted the boys and girls (actually just the webmaster), if the game's dead, the link will be removed...

As for Slick-6, it's says: "coming soon"... so I'm waiting... He's your webmaster, well then I think you would have more influence, as his boss than I would...

quote:

Two: How about some updates on the reviews?
      The reviews/comments section will be implemented for Freeciv, and I agree that the next reviews should be written when the games are in their "next stage" (but feel free to send some new screenies)

quote:

Do you have other plans for the section, or are you thinking on keeping it more or less as it is?

I'm working on the page for Great Nations. And hopefully like I said before, I'll be trying to make other pages look like the Freeciv one...

cheers,
      onepaul

Comment

I could say the same for Slick-6 (though in that case, I suspect I know more than you guys do, since the designer is also our webmaster, and we communicate quite a bit. I happen to know the game is still in development. Still, you may want to ask him what the heck the deal is with his own game's site! Perhaps that will get him to update it, I've been after him to put his site back together for a while now, heh).

I'm getting to it! While it's a nice thing to have, the website isn't my highest priority at the moment. I've got way too much going on already

That aside, if you take a look at the site now there's a new index page up to signify something "is" comming. When that is I'm not quite sure, but I'll make sure it's worth the wait.

------------------
        Jason Kozak
        [This message has been edited by Jason Kozak (edited May 11, 2000).]
        Jason Kozak
        Slick-6 Project Lead

Comment

hello, onepaul!

why is it that I can only see threads about games here which titles haven't ever heard before?

Comment

damn kiddo, good spamming. anywho you haven't heard about these Alt Civs because they're not being developed by some big developer studios, nor they are being published, marketed, etc... or maybe 'cause you spent too much time in the OT, heh?

Comment

Working...
            X