Re-Opening the Bar and Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Opening the Bar and Grill

/me dusts off the bar of this place and polishes a few glasses, waiting for some customers to arrive.

'k...so this place is deadsville lately....are members of the Rebel Alliance welcomed here? If so, pony up to the bar and let me buy you a drink!

Figured it might be kinna nice to start up a thread here where people who are involved in Indie projects can come to compare notes, vent, rant, rave, and otherwise compare war stories and shoot the breeze.

Sort of a means to keep each other inspired, maybe?

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

I'm not sure we lack inspiration. It's more time to do the actual coding, writing, drawing... that's missing. But then bars are always welcome.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I know exactly what you mean there, LD! Team Candy hasn't been at it nearly as long as you folks over in the Clash Department, but with more than two years under our belts thus far, I've been learning quickly that inspiration is the easy part!

There are days....oh man are there....when the ideas flow like a river (complete with rapids and waterfalls)....so fast that even at 100wpm typing, I have trouble keeping up with the flow.

Of course, once the basic idea is sketeched out, the tough part is making it make sense, and then, making a complete system out of it (the way my creative brain works is that I need to do pieces-parts of several systems and slowly weave them together....unfortunately, until the final mesh occurs, it looks, from the outside, to be a COMPLETE mess.

As to the art and coding....about the best I can do there is stay the heck out of the way of the gurus who know about such things, and try to give them what they need, writing wise, to make it all hang together. Sometimes that is my biggest source of frustration....I just don't KNOW enough to really to more than sortakinna follow along when the code oracles start talking...

And having now been at it for a couple years, I know exactly what Mark and Ron were talking about....

-=Vel=-
      Viva la Indie Games!
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

the way my creative brain works is that I need to do pieces-parts of several systems and slowly weave them together
        On the other hand, this probably makes the coding of it all easier because a program is easier to code/debug/maintain when its various parts are as isolated as possible.
        And now I must just mail Mark because communicating with people an ocean apart or just right below my feet (I just have to cross the big ball of magma in between to reach New Zealand) doesn't help much in terms of coordination either...
        Clash of Civilization team member
        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I know the feeling man, with Team Candy, we got guys in Europe, Aussie-Land, and the US....generally we gotta hold two team meetings when we meet, on accout of the timezone difficulties and such, but that's cool...I'm a nightowl...

-=Vel=-

Comment

It is a great idea to re opening the bar again. Now you can enjoy easily.

Comment

Working...
            X