GrogSoft's Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrogSoft's Kingdom

Kingdom is a PalmOS civilization style game.

The home page with info and screenshots is http://grogsoft.com/kingdom

Kingdom has been out for a while now and getting a great response from the public and the press as well.

Civ on a handheld seems a little silly but I've simplified it a lot while attempting to maintain that just-one-more-turn feel that we all love in this type of game.

I got a little burned out with the most recent release but I'm feeling refreshed now after creating another game and I'm ready to revisit Kingdom for it's 3.X series of releases.

I'm looking for comments from the Civ community at large on what changes I should incorporate into Kingdom.
    Never economize on information or forethought

This game is looking good.

I looked at the mini map animation and noticed the ai to be not very advanced. My suggestion would be that this part of the game should have the priority for improvement.

Comment

Kingdom AI

The top of the todo list for the 3.X series is better AI. Not only militarilly but also AI use of diplomacy, espianage, city management and trade will also be improved. All of these changes have been designed and are ready to be implemented.

Having said that I'll add that the AI plays a decent game at this point.

The current code-base is rock solid and can handle additions such as wonders of the world or more complex diplomacy.

I'm just not sure of how far to push the handheld gaming experience. How complex should my world get?

Things not in the game that I believe would add to the fun level of the game are aircraft, oceans and their associated units, railroads, auto-settlers, auto-city-management and city build queues.

For a handheld version of this genre's game I had to follow one tennet throughout design and production: simplicity. I don't want to break that now just for the sake of "improving" the game. I want future additions to add to the fun and addiction factor. I don't want them to just create more (like more units, more tech advances, more city improvements...etc).

Even if you don't have the hardware to run the game a quick review of the manual and technology tree that comes with the evaluation zip package will give you a good feel for the game allowing you to chime in.

Thanks in advance!
      Never economize on information or forethought

Comment

The thing I am adding atm is a story script engine. A good adventure and story never is a waste.
        Look at harry potter and Lord of the rings. The story alone captures the imagination of millions of people.

Also having a sea and its units and air units does sound like a good addition.

Comment

Working...
        X