Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Balcony

Gaia’s Landing, MY 2243

Dee pulled the fine white lace curtains from the high balcony entrance of her apartment to let in the light of a new day. It was brisk and the open portal let in a crisp and gusty breeze and Dee drank it in – it was bracing, and invigorating. She could feel her skin rise in small goose pimples in response to the vigorous air, and a slight involuntary shiver coursed up her arms to her shoulders. Her chest expanded as she breathed in the pine-scented revitalizing air. As she looked out the sky was changing from a deep purple to a pink, diffuse with cirrus clouds on the horizon. Alpha Centauri A was rising and the sky now turned from pink to gold as the fiery orb burst from the confinement of the rolling trees of the horizon and the enveloping clouds.

There was movement behind her, a soft padding that approached her just out of vision from the darkened recesses hidden from the growing light. A hand reached out. It closed on Dee’s left arm.

“You’re cold,” he said.

Dee smiled. The she took a small step backward, colliding gently with a solid form that stood behind her.

“Hey!” he said, surprised. His arms almost reflexively closed around her, enveloping Dee in warmth. She snuggled closer, placing her cascade of raven hair to the left of his face and resting the back of her head on his shoulder, and drawing his arms closer around her torso. Googlie followed her liquid movements and gave her a slow embrace, rocking back and forth slightly and molding his body to hers. His shoulders flexed as he accepted her into his full embrace.

“I’m not cold anymore,” Dee said in a soft voice. She shut her eyes and drank in the sensations of bracing coolness from the breeze and the enveloping and reassuring warmth behind her. Googlie made a barely audible rumbling hum the emanated from deep in his chest, caressing Dee’s arms with his hands and stroking her right ear with his chin.

Dee felt that he sun had fully risen and opened her eyes. The sky was filled with gold. She pulled away ever so slightly, turning as his arms gave up some of their eager grip. In a moment she was face to face with Googlie. Her arms rose up over his broad back, and his arms closed over her shoulders. Their eyes met for an instant, the she playfully bit his lower lip, then pulled herself even closer for a long kiss. Their caresses pressed and intertwined, merging.

One of Googlie’s hands broke free and clasped the curtain, drawing it across the balcony portal, closing out the rising sun but not the rising warmth.

//Discontinuity//

“YES, THIS GRAND EVENT, ‘LADY DEIRDRE’S LOVER’, AND MUCH MORE CAN BE YOURS FOR ONLY 15 MICROCREDITS, PAYABLE IN ADVANCE IN 15 EASY INSTALLMENTS! IN FULL HOLO SENSO-VISION, EXPERIENCE THIS EPIC AS AN OBSERVER, OR BE THE NOBLE LADY OR THE VALIENT GOOGLIE - THE CHOICE IS YOURS! YES, ‘LADY DEIRDRE’S LOVER’ IS AN AFFAIR NOT TO BE MISSED. BUT, ACT NOW. THIS IS A LIMITED TIME OFFER AND SOON THIS EXPERIENCE OF EXPERIENCES WILL BE GONE FOREVER!

ACT NOW!

Nice to see that you're still producing quality fiction Hydro!

Amusing

...I wonder what Googlie thinks of this...
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Ah, yes, I remember that day when they ran the holovid recording session.

It was soooo hard to perform with 16 sensory nodes hooked up, the harsh lighting, the heat, the almost palpable fear that one might electrocute oneself if a rivulet of sweat made contact with the node.

It was so much easier back on old Earth, in the John Holmes/Ron Jeremy days.

G.

Comment

DC - glad you liked it, although I wouldn't call it 'quality fiction' - more of a throw away I cut from a PBEM I'm doing with Masterbuilder (to be posted shortly).

G - Dee would never forgive you if you were electrocuted, and I have to say the holovision version of Lady Deirdre’s Lover was quite flattering to you. I won't delve any further into that subject.

Hydro

Comment

Well, it was amusing, but amusing in a different way from most peoples' idea of a humorous story sort of dry humor
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I liked it!
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
            X