Early colonization story, JOIN ME!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early colonization story, JOIN ME!!!!

i will be the gaians in this thread, first come first choose, soo choose your faction quickly. alien crossfire factions are permitted (including aliens) the story starts immedietly after planetfall.
    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    -Henrik Tikkanen

I'd like to write Spartans.
    Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

I will do the Believers...

E.L. Crisler

Comment

So will things start to happen or is this idea dead?
        Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

well i wanted to wait until there were more people, but why wait?

Gaian Datalinks entry 00001- Lady Deidre.
          (M.Y. 2101)
          We have landed on planet safely, although a few of my people did not survive planetfall the majority is safe and well with me on planet. I have ordered that we construct our first base on the very spot were we landed, we need to take care of ourselves before we set out to look for the others.

Gaian Datalinks entry 00006- Chief of Construction Evan.
          (M.Y. 2102)
          Gaia's Landing is fully funcional now the new facilities have been constructed inside a peculiar rock formation that rises several dozen meters into the air. We have equipped a scout patrol to explore the fringes of our settlement for signs of the other pods.
          -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

MY 2100 Report to Spartan Federation Council

After establishing first base several teams checked our strorerooms. They found enough parts to assemble 50 rovers. Thet enabled us to form 1. rover battalion under command of major Robert Rodriguez. Also forming of our first infantry battalion is finished. That gives us enough forces to protect our base.

After checking personel datalinks we found following. At planetfall there were 9.847 people 5.034 men and 4813 women. Out of them 7.598 were members of Spartan Coalition. Also 284 members of Coalition are missing.

So far all efforts to establish links with other pods failed. That doesn't mean they were lost. We must assume that when we establish contac they will consider us mutineers and act acordingly. We must be prepared.

So far our population isn't big enough for establishing new base but we must spread out in order to reduce our vulnerability to attacks. Our patrols have so far found several potential locations.

colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Federation Commander-in-Chief

Comment

Gaian Datalinks entry 00012- Automatic recording.
              (M.Y. 2105)

Council Record: 5th gathering of the Gaian conclave.

Lady Diedre:"Now that our base is operational our efforts should be turned towards our new home, our researchers have studied the local ecologie and have consulted with the engineers and have come up with a new vehicle proposal, they call it a 'former' it has the capability to build farms and mines. And it can be adapted to do many more things. I suggest that we build a complement of these vehicles and start farming the land around our base.

Lord Zander (military advisor):"I do not agree with the lady on this one, we know what happened on earth and even on the Unity, we must be prepared to defend ourselves. Those 'Spartans' could stil be out there, and there is no telling what the other settlements are capeble of! We must build another scout patrol to defend our base, even if the other pods havent made it or if they arent aggressive there may be hostile native life forms out there!

Lady Neville (Social advisor):"On some level I concur with lady Deidre, this 'former' will be good for the base, yet our people are weary, let us build a recreation commens, we can contact the believers and trade our data on the ecology for their insights in social psych, with that data we could build a place for our people to relax and enjoy themselves.

End of recording- council later decided that a former detachement would be built in Gaia's Landing, the scout patrol in the field would be recalled to Gaia's Landing until a second squad was trained.
              -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

MY 2101 Report to Spartan Federation Council

Our colony is growing. In last 2 years we had a little less than 1.000 births. Unfortunaltly around 100 colonists had died from various reasons. We must remeber that this new world remains hostile to us. Our first harvest went acording to plans. Food suplies are sufficient for now.

Our armed forces are developing nicely. Curently we have 1 rover and 1 infantry battalion. Assembly plant made from machinery found on our pod is making new rovers. New battalion is scheduled to be finished by the end of this MY. However current weaponry is barely sufficient. Some personel is trying to decipher datalinks but so far they haven't made any progress. Some engineers voluteered to develop more powerful weapons.

Recon teams have found curious plants. Since nobody has seen anything like this before we must assume they are native to the planet. The movement through them is hard as they grow in very dense fields. So far they aren't a problem but in future we should consider removing them.

Our short term goal must be establishing new base. So far around 4.000 colonists had voluteered to establish it. We hope they will be able to move out next year.

colonel Corazon Santiago, Spartan Federation Commander-in-Chief

Comment

Lady Deidre's Personal Log. (M.Y. 2107)

Our new former detachement was finished last week, i have ordered it to build farms on the fertile stretch of land to the south-east of Gaia's Landing.
                  Tomorrow the city council will meet to dedide what to build next in our factories.
                  When our base was completed there was a birth wave, so our population is almost doubled now, although half of them are children i will propose to the council that we send half of our population away to a site our exploration teams discovered before they were recalled for defensive duty. They will construct a new base there.

Except for the brief contacts with Miriam (and those only because of the Unity pod containing her frequenty) we have had no contact with the other pods, i am starting to wonder if we are alone on this planet stranded together with some religious zeals on the other side of the planet.

On the matter of the new colony, I will nominate chief of construction Evan, to lead the group. I have seen him become increasingly unhappy since the completion of our base. I believe that he needs a new challenge, building this new base will be that.
                  -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Working...
                  X