What If idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If idea

What If U.N.S. Unity never left the Sol system? You know, Zhakarov's computer experiment screwed up Unity's main computer core, which in turn shut down the engines...letting the Unity float in space in Sol, with the crew still in cryo.... then the crew is awoken after an chunk of the asteroid belt nailed Unity, waking up the crew?

they later discover Earth in ruins, but not unhabitable. still humanity around, just nation and civilizations collapsed after a few low-yield nukes were exploded...

instead of Chiron, the factions escapes Unity and lands on post-apocalypse Earth several decades after launch. What would they do?

just an idea that came up today.

-Mellian

Pretty much the same as on Chiron except

there is no fungas or planetmind

Maybe some extra factions from the survivors of the wars

and maybe some radiation belts to contend with.

oh and no progenators later on.

I belive someone made a mod for this once IIRC.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Hmm...

I'd like to join this story if it ever gets started...

I'd like to write for the survivors of Russia as well as the University... they come from the same nation, after all, Zakharov is from Russia himself. I could have both societies / factions re-integrate, and re-establish a new "faction" / "nation" of Novaya Russia.

Just letting you know I'm interested
      Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

If this becomes a story, I call the Finns...
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

And I could do Israel or Australia. But I won't.
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
          X