No announcement yet.

Beyond Alpha Centauri:::: Discussion Thread 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxian soccer is here, way ahead of schedule!
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Ok Sovereign, we will still be here.

GeneralTacticus: Yes teleporting is not in the BAC universe. I believe it falls under the rule, "Lets not turn this into that damned Star Trek" Or something to that effect.

Mr. PresidentYou can be the Thread Engineer, you are in charge of the Drone after all. One more question. I mentioned that the peace negotiations could be held on Firaxis. Is that ok? We could always do it on Concordia if you like.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• I'm cool with negotiations being held on Firaxis. It'll give the Prime Minister thereof a chance to make a rare appearance in the story.

What will my duties be as Thread Engineer?
        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

• Guys,

Here is the info on the quantum stuff I was talking about yesterday. This comes directly from the Civ II: ToT Extended Game. Its a possibility, not too far off, since the only thing we need is a massive power supply. Quantum reactors will solve this.

Quantum Transport
          Transport through the ultrastring matrix is wonderful, but it does has certain disadvantages. The most glaring is the fact that it takes a large building full of equipment to generate the energetic fields necessary to force access to the matrix and inject physical material through it. Quantum Transport (QT) provides a second method of nearly instantaneous travel, one that has lesser energy requirements. QT theory is not new. The science is based on early explorations in quantum theory, of a side effect that was called "quantum teleportation" by the researchers of the time. Practical application of these primitive techniques proved impossible, however, and only the resurgence of high-energy science brought about by the successes in ultrastring transport allowed further innovation in this field. QT provides a method of transport that can be established anywhere; all it takes is a small, dedicated site, which a suitably equipped unit can build relatively quickly. The corresponding site is created automatically by the quantum-level linkage processes. (In fact, the two sites are actually the same, but we haven't room here for a discussion of simultaneity theory.)

Besides, isn't FTL Quantum tunneling an similiar idea? What about these Star Gates, or Wormholes? Its the same concept.

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
          Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Working...
          X