The Watchers : Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Watchers : Comments

Well, I've been threatening to do this for awhile and here it is. It is a humble attempt to give something back to all those whose stories I have enjoyed over this past year. As always, comments are welcome. Need somthing explained or have suggestions about how to make things clearer, just let me know.

There will be more to come later.
    Last edited by Sprayber; July 20, 2001, 02:17.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Just one thing (I haven't yet actually read it) - paragraphs. I don't see too many of them in this one.

More comments to come after I actually read it.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Hmm... yes, an interesting beginning. That's pretty much all that I can say this far ...
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Hey, the Earthlings are making a counter-visit! Lal ought to put the kettle on
        It was a bit hard to read with paragraphs missing, but the idea is most certainly great. I'm eager for more.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Sorry about the paragraphs. I wrote it out in a hurry while the idea was still fresh. I promise future installments will be fixed.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Hey, that's a pretty cool beginning!

As for the missing paragraphs... well, Sprayber does tend to forget about them when he really gets going, but if you read it anyway, you'll be likely to find a great story!
            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

I've often wondered where the 'Sprayber story' was, and now it's here I think it rocks. I'm always impressed by stories with ideas I could never have considered myself in like a million years.

But really, Ric Flair?! Is he going to wrestle his subordinates into submission?

I'd really like to see the future installments ...

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. like I said, I don't claim to be a writer. Just a person with some ideas in his head.

Alynzia - You caught the wrestling reference. I wondered if anyone would. There was another name in there but you would have to be a fan of the older stuff to catch that one.

Anyway, I posted a new installment. I have an idea about where it will go, but I will let my imagination have the final say. As I was writing this I kept thinking about the day when the Earth Alliance shows up to take possession of Chiron and they are met by a civilization of humans that aren't that eager to take a back seat to Earth. I haven't thought about if the Progenitors should be included or not. I don't want the story to grow out of control so that there isn't anyone for you guys to care about. The best stories are sometimes the simplest in scope.

Comment

If possible from the beginning, the story is improving all the time!
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Flashbacks....

Someone mentioned beginnings and I was inspired. Anyhoo, next installment will see the Unity arrive and the Watchers down on planet.

Comment

(*grumble*)

I always knew those damn Americans would get us into trouble some day...

"Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                      -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian
                        (*grumble*)

I always knew those damn Americans would get us into trouble some day...

There not just Americans. They are Canadians and Mexicans as well.

NAU
                        United States
                        Canada
                        Mexico
                        Cuba
                        Most Caribbean islands
                        + Hawaii and various Pacific Islands.

But I hope everyone is sill enjoying the story. And I hope it isn't too far fetched to believe.

Comment

Heh. Well, technically, since America is also the name of the continent, the term "American" could be used about all of the above (except those islands, of course...)

I do realize, of course, that I'd probably cause a lot of misunderstandings that way...

Isn't it kind of funny how "America" is assumed to refer exclusively to the United States, while "North America" includes Canada and Mexico? You would think that a specific part would be smaller than the whole, not bigger...

Anyway, enough of that nit-picking... pretty good story so far!
                          -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Working...
                          X