story ideas (for others to use)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• story ideas (for others to use)

ok so I don't really have time to write anything or that much skill really (as those of you who have read the little I contributed to the spartan chrnoicles will know) have had a few ideas however that someone else might be able to use. Oddly it is possible to run fundamentalism in Morgan and Uni. An interesting story could probably be made about the situations where this might take place and what it would be like. As well you can run fundamentalism with knowledge..what would that look like?

Also I've always been a little dissapointed that the only faction where religon makes an appearance in the stories I've seen is in the believers faction. Not only does christianity come in many forms on earth (some of which would find the believers version very very incorrect and hellish) but several other religions also exist. As far as I can see there is no reason why these religons shouldn't have survived at least in the peacekeeper faction. A good story could probalby be made out of the relationships between the various religions in Lal's faction and the relationship between Lal and Miriams christians. As well what is to keep religous groups from developing in Morgan's faction and perhaps (though very well hidden) in Zak's and langs?

Anyway just some ides I'd had and thought I would post.
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Re: story ideas (for others to use)

Originally posted by dacole
    As far as I can see there is no reason why these religons shouldn't have survived at least in the peacekeeper faction. A good story could probalby be made out of the relationships between the various religions in Lal's faction and the relationship between Lal and Miriams christians. As well what is to keep religous groups from developing in Morgan's faction and perhaps (though very well hidden) in Zak's and langs?
    Heh. You know, it's interesting that you omitted the Gaians. Personally, I'd consider them 'third most religious' after the Believers and the Cult. Heck, others insult the Gaians for their 'pagan rituals'.

But, then again, it's not Christian, so perhaps it doesn't really count?
    "I'm too young and too male to be the mother of a seventeen year old female me!"

Comment

Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden are important to the Gaians.

Perhaps they (or at least their offshoot the Planet Cult), like some modern Green groups, draw inspiration from this Bible verse: "God will destroy those who are destroying the Earth."

Being "pagan" doesn't necessarily make one a greeny, as the ancient civilizations show: the Romans, Chinese, Incas etc, were keen on roads, mining, chopping trees, draining swamps and other gungho urban pursuits, and wiped out many species to make the world "safe" for man (and it usually was done for man, not for woman).

We might imagine the Druids being different, but the Romans didn't let them develop long enough for us to know. However, the Germans, who had started out with some similar sentiments, quickly became increasingly military and industrial: when they overran Rome they weren't brandishing oak-leaves and shouting ecological slogans.
      ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/
      Zoe Trope

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetrope
        Being "pagan" doesn't necessarily make one a greeny, as the ancient civilizations show: (...) However, the Germans, who had started out with some similar sentiments, quickly became increasingly military and industrial: when they overran Rome they weren't brandishing oak-leaves and shouting ecological slogans.
        Yes, I know. But the Gaians are both pro-green and are often accused of being pagan (or dancing naked through the trees).

It would seem that these pagans at least are eco-friendly.

OK, granted, they might also draw their spiritual feelings from the Bible, the Quran or what have you, but, personally, I have difficulty tying those religions to a belief in a living God-like planet.
        "I'm too young and too male to be the mother of a seventeen year old female me!"

Comment

Working...
        X