No announcement yet.

Comments for A Tale of Two Prophets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments for A Tale of Two Prophets...

since franky didnt
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Interesting start. the only thing i didint like at first read,is the tech calling miriam 'your worshipfullness',something you bovoiusly stole from starwars,but makes miriam sound like she is to be worshiped. just imho

i chuckled at the all-to-typical ending which somehow is still good.
    reminds me of a bad @ssed slade,but intellectually i know its likely chairman yang,knowing franky

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I assumed it was Chairman Yang.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

It kinda reminded me or Roze too
        Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
        -Henrik Tikkanen

Comment

Oh, heh. Thanks Cataphract. I didn't know what to call Miriam. What do you call em? Your holiness, your saint-ness?

Sheesh, am I that predictable people would think that I would throw in the omnipresence of Yang right off the bat? Well...it's a short story so interpretation is ok.

But to be honest, I wasn't thinking of Chairman Yang when I was writing it.

Thanks Cataphract for making this thread.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
            Sheesh, am I that predictable people would think that I would throw in the omnipresence of Yang right off the bat? Well...it's a short story so interpretation is ok.
            Actually, I too assumed it was Yang knowing you.
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

id call her whatever her title is. say,rector for a church leader.that sounded...odd. its not what i would use,so i guess its just imo

Sheesh, am I that predictable people would think that I would throw in the omnipresence of Yang right off the bat?
              well you do seem quite yang biased

Comment

Is it me, or is there something strange about the thread title?
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

well i dunno why. i copy pasted his,and it went funny.
                  ive seen it happan alot before. i put such characters but invisable in my sig

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan

But to be honest, I wasn't thinking of Chairman Yang when I was writing it.
                    We have long memories.

Nah, just kidding. And it was fun to read AC fiction again. I might write something but I can't find my way back into the groove.
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Wow, I guess my reputation precedes itself here. And the long memories probably aren't that far off from the truth too.

I think the reason the thread title is all whacked out is cause I cut/pasted from Word. When I tried posting it straight here all the quotations turned into squiggy mish-mash.

Hope you can fix that crash bug, Mr. Prez.

I'm still working on the other story I was talking about with the Pirates, but that seems to be taking forever.
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

So you are not going to be continuing the two prophets story? To bad was good! I thought it was yang, and I didn't even know your reprutation. He would be the only one I can see finding war funny...
                        A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Holy crap dacole, you're a Hiver?

Well, my whole take on the SMAC universe is pretty different than most. I might revisit this later, but all the short stories I make are all tied in together.

(Yeah, I didn't really want to share this...but oh well)

So if something happens in one faction in one short story, I try to tie it in with my other short stories...

Anyway, I'm still trying to finish my friggin Pirate shortie. But it's been almost a year on and off.

Dammit.

Comment

Yes, well, I'd like to see more of it, if possible.

I'm betting on it being CEO Morgan, actually. The filthy pig.
                            Empire growing,
                            Pleasures flowing,
                            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Working...
                            X