No announcement yet.

Customer Support Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's customary to have a separate thread. Some writers continue their story, or have post scripts, and a well meaning post that offers compliments or suggestions can be problematic.

Hydro

Comment

It's true that deleting is a bit drastic. The Unfinished story, I don't care too much about, the finished one I do- (since it really isn't up to par at all) however if you look at the date of its posting and the date of my registration, you'll realize that it has large historical significance to myself- being one of my first 30 posts on the board. And being posted only 2 days after my registration!

It's like a trip down memory lane- 5 years ago!

All I would do though now, is request that you do not list it in the Apolyton Directory, nor would you please list the unfinished story
      -
      while this story: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8479 University Reports by myself 2 months later that same year is actually something that I'm quite proud of. In a way, it reads like a Lovecraft story- very simple in execution, etc. but amazing since I had never read lovecraft at the time and had only written a few short stories prior to thta date. It's one of my better earlier works
      -
      This all being said, I'm certain that I posted a thread of jokes about the factions at some point in the past... though I didn't see it listed on there. Oh well, I might be misremembering. That might have happened at some other forum. Some of the jokes were quite good.
      Last edited by DarkCloud; June 11, 2005, 01:01.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Civ III counterpart
        It's true that deleting is a bit drastic. The Unfinished story, I don't care too much about, the finished one I do- (since it really isn't up to par at all) however if you look at the date of its posting and the date of my registration, you'll realize that it has large historical significance to myself- being one of my first 30 posts on the board. And being posted only 2 days after my registration!

It's like a trip down memory lane- 5 years ago!

All I would do though now, is request that you do not list it in the Apolyton Directory, nor would you please list the unfinished story
        As you wish. But I doubt there will be a special unfinished stories section anyway.

while this story: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&threadid=8479 University Reports by myself 2 months later that same year is actually something that I'm quite proud of. In a way, it reads like a Lovecraft story- very simple in execution, etc. but amazing since I had never read lovecraft at the time and had only written a few short stories prior to thta date. It's one of my better earlier works
        Simple and short. Perhaps I should finally try doing that.
        -
        This all being said, I'm certain that I posted a thread of jokes about the factions at some point in the past... though I didn't see it listed on there. Oh well, I might be misremembering. That might have happened at some other forum. Some of the jokes were quite good.
        I could have missed the joke thread (it is after all 557 threads here), or it is in other forum, like general. There was at least one joke thread there that I remember. Since I do plan to revisit all threads again, I'll find it if it is missing.
        ---
        Glad to see people using the archives. It was meant to bring new life to AC-Fiction and introduce new people to older stories. It also helps authors I see.
        ---
        I could include comments threads on one occasion too, but rearranging Apolyton's directory of it has priority. Wait until Archives upgrade to Pre-Sentient Algorithms.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Hi,

This is probably a bit superfluous, but I am required to get pedantic about metadata because of my profession!

My story/timeline/thing was called "Alpha Centauri: Planetary Year 50 - it was going to be a background to an RP/Democracy PBEM game that I never quite got running (for technical and getting-a-job reasons).

I just thought that seeing "untitled" on the Archive was a shame!

Cheers, from one archivist to another!
          Trithemius
          ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Working...
          X