Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha Centauri's Books... only for Americans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Centauri's Books... only for Americans?

While I was searching in the Internet the solution to the presumed incompatibility of my CPU and Alpha Centauri, I knew the existence of several novels (a trilogy and some independent novels) written by Michael Ely. The manual of Alpha Centauri mentions to a "text" (I don't know if I should classify it otherwise) that related the history of the travelers of the ship "Unity"; what I didn't know until that moment is that Sid Meier and his inseparable colleague Brian Reinols postponed their work in order to prepare the publication of Ely's books.

I grew with Alpha Centauri. I was attached to their atmosphere since the beginning. Now I need more; for that reason I'm interested to get these books.

Have these books been published in Spain and in Spanish? Must I ask in the bookstores about these books?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Mientras yo buscaba en internet la solución a la presunta incompatibilidad de mi CPU y Alpha Centauri, conocí la existencia de varias novelas (una trilogia y algunas novelas independientes) escritas por Michael Ely. El manual de Alpha Centauri alude a un "texto" (yo no se si debería clasificarlo de otro modo) que relataba la historia de los viajeros de la nave espacial "Unidad"; lo que yo no sabía hasta hace poco es que el propio Sid Meier y su inseparable colega Brian Reinols pospusieron su trabajo para preparar la publicación de estos libros de Michael Ely.

Yo crecí con Alpha Centauri. Quedé enganchado a su ambientación desde el principio. Ahora necesito más; por eso me interesa conseguir estos libros.

La página oficial de Alpha Centauri invita a conseguirlos desde Amazon.com. Ahora bien, yo vivo en España. No concibo la idea de pedir estos libros desde Amazon.com, pues estos habrian de pasar por adunas, yo tendría que pagar más del doble de su precio n impuestos, etc... Y todo para conseguir un libro en inglés.

¿Han sido publicados estos libros en España y en español? ¿Debería preguntar en las librerias?
Working...
X