No announcement yet.

Comments on "Joe"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just downloaded Joe to my non-Internet computer for more leisurely consumption. Having tried to read it before and been distracted in the middle, I hope to finally reach the other end of this captivating tale.

I've written a couple of Alpha Centauri-related stories before, but the places and people in them rarely seemed as real as the ones in Joe. Maybe I need to get a brain first.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Okay, everybody, I'm back from the festivities. Another episode is on its way, but might not be up for a few days or so.

Just posted to reassure you that I'm still here!
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Hi Ali, looking forward to a reread of Joe with latest additions- and looking forward with Great curiosity to your own original sci-fi work.

Is it published yet? what were you thinking of calling it? and if not published can i help proof read it? i promise i won't disseminate it or try to pass it of as my own work or anything like that. no really i mean it. no but really though
        Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

As the proud owner of not one, but TWO computers that won't work, I have to confess that updates might be a bit patchy (-ier) until I can get at least one of them fixed.

If it's any help to any of you, don't buy Hewlett Packard's Pavilion brand of laptops, especially the N5450 line. Their hard drives have a tendency to melt. As for the desktop, well it's a trusty old four-year-old so I can't blame it for resetting itself at random. I'll get it looked at on Wednesday.

As for my other sci-fi story, it's measuring in at around 30k words right now and I have barely scratched the surface, so only heaven knows if that will ever be finished, and whether it will be publishable when it is. I can't talk much about its plot or themes yet (partially because I'm not entirely sure about it yet myself!) but I can divulge the working title: Pearl of the Ebon Orb. As always in novel writing, the title is still only provisional at the moment. I might change it to something like Faschism or something.

I'm only thankful that I managed to evacuate everything off my laptop before it popped its clogs. Otherwise that would have been the whole sci-fi fiction down the drain, and Joe as well...

Okay, hope you like the update, and I'm going to try to get the follow up posted next weekend if I can.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Yeah! Keep it up, Allie.

Comment

Raging Mouse... I've just been reading your fanfic, The Wizard of Chiron, for the past few hours. From an unbiased point of view, I would say your fiction skills are impressive and accomplished.

From the viewpoint of a competitor, though, I am required to honestly say

"Damn you Raging Mouse you've taken all the good ideas already!"

PS I really mean that. You have no idea how much your fanfic has disrupted my plans for Joe.
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Pearl of the Ebon Orb huh, *said with the quiet sceptisism of one who believes the talent but is always doubtful untill the full glorious work is revealed in all its- erm... glory*

Well, like i said, i look forward .
                Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                  "Damn you Raging Mouse you've taken all the good ideas already!"

PS I really mean that. You have no idea how much your fanfic has disrupted my plans for Joe.

Oh! I'm flattered! It's a pleasure reading Joe, though; I think you manage to give the story a nice pace, whereas I feel I'm mincing mine merely to keep things short and readable! I don't know how you manage; you must have a better control over the storyline.

Comment

Sorry about the slight delay, everybody. I know I did say "weekend" but the computer had a few problems. Speaking of which, my desktop has been fixed! :triumphant Allie:

A while back (like about a year and a half ago) one poster near the start of this thread said he hoped Everybody's Favorite Federation would make an appearance in the story. Well, I hope you feel the wait has been worth it.

More to come during the week, I hope. Now that I have a desktop in my dormitory, I have no further excuses!
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Another episode is up, and another episode it on its way. It would be fair to say that this whole story is heading for an extremely rapid progression of events.
                      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Yes, I know, I know.

Another one.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Yet another one. I shall try to find time over the weekend to post more. I have more time available to me now, as I have just received word that my postgraduate studies applications have all been approved and this September I shall probably be headed for Missouri School of Journalism!

Meanwhile, I will go to eat some lunch. Hope you enjoy the story!
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Allie,

by any chance are you a fan of "Legend of Galactic Heroes"?

Comment

"Legend of Galactic Heroes"?

*scratch head*

No, I'm afraid I've never heard of that one. Is it worthwhile? What's it about?

More Joe maybe tonight or tomorrow, after I've finished teaching my class.
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

In the words of Queen Victoria concerning her prodigious offspring:

"Yeah, another one I guess"
                                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                                X