Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To: Chairman Yang
    **Encrypted** [Files attached]

Enclosed you will find copies of all our files on advanced sub atomic theory.
    It's been a pleasure to do business with you. Perhaps we can repeat the success some other time.

[OOC: I'd say Yang isn't actually in on the negotiations at this point, but I'm sure somebody would be keeping him informed, so the P.S. in Yang's message is okay. Braddock deliberately "forgot" to comment on it...]

To: Planetary Council

Since there appears to be no further comments to the agenda, the council may now vote on the following measures:

1. The formation of an Interfactional Peacekeeping Task Force
    2. The right of all factions to establish unarmed embassies in each others capitals

It would seem that at first we just need a simple vote, yea or nay, on these proposals. If either measure succeeds, we can then proceed to consider its' implementation. So... on the matters mentioned above, how do you vote?

U.N. Headquarters

Commisioner Lal almost smiled when he received the message from General Kessel.
    As he began reading it, the smile quickly faded...

To: General Kessel

General, what kind of an answer is this?

Our people have been brutally attacked and abused by a faction whose reputation rivals that of the World War 2 nazis, and now all you want to talk to me about is retaining your souvereign rights and keeping things quiet! I do realize that we're asking a lot, but quite frankly, you're gonna have to prove that you're serious about wanting peace, or else there is nothing more for us to talk about.

[OOC: Lal is pissed, and he's NOT about to settle anything quietly...
    He's running a democracy after all, and there are plenty of people who don't understand why he's even talking to the Spartans at this point. Also, while he didn't mention it in his message to Kessel, the Peacekeepers are still on a full war time footing...]

Near U.N. Humanity Base

Two new missile rover regiments were heading north at full speed, towards Data Acquisition. These were the first two PK regiments who had been set up with rovers acquired from the Hive. The next two were currently forming...

U.N. Enforcement Base

The merchant cruiser Poseidon was unloading. In a couple of weeks, another elite regiment of Assault Rovers would also be heading north...

U.N. Haven City

Another wing of ground attack jets had arrived at the already crowded airbase...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited May 09, 2001).]
    "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
    -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

To: Prime Function Zeta-Five

Your counter-proposal sounds reasonable.
      I shall be forced to accept it.
      Good luck in your ruling of your country.

-APZ

(OOC: Sprayber: perhaps you have some of your people hiding in the University with the
      old 'followers' of Daniel Jakhobs-Howell? Perhaps Demeneras)

Surveillance Message Recorded and sent to University Head of Security: Black Dragon
      "Dr. Fitzben!" A shrouded figure called.
      "Yes?" Fitzben turned.
      "The meeting is in the Room 7-2-A-X-Y-5-7, remember this and remember that the code
      is specifically written for your shoe."

Fitzben stared at his shoe and the writing upon it- "APZ" and comprehended.

"Well- Sir Pong- how many will be there?"

The shrouded figure slowly answered, "Ah- more than 5, less than 100."
      "Ah- the council."
      Sir Pong slapped his hand on Dr. Fitzbens' mouth.
      "Don't speak of that-

(OOC: Argonaut- perhaps we could work some (more/ or they could cease trading or require
      the Perfect Society to do somethin to get more in trade.)
      trade deals with the Data Angels and Cyborgs)

Minutes of The Perfect Society Meeting
      -Kept by Isotope

Kommandant Reya Hollis Keyson- I will call this meeting to order. However I will welcome
      our Leader to this meeting and hand the meeting over to him.

The Leader- Ah yes, I have a few issues to bring up
      1- We now have half a quarter of a million Moraganite members and a tenth of a
      million University members. Our plans toward a perfect society of research and free trade is moving along excellently.

2- We welcome trade pacts with the Data Angels and Cyborgs who now recognize us as an independent
      trading force.
      We are also pursuing weapons pacts with them.

3- I would like to commend all-
      (SIREN SCREAMS)

Sir Cloud- The warning siren- enemies are coming!
      Kommandant Reya Hollis Keyson- Zakharov wouldnt dare.
      Sir Pong- He could send assassins... Fitzben must be the leak!
      Fitzben- What- how?
      Sir Pong- He mentioned a council in the public areas and looked at his shoe when I spoke to him
      of the code; displaying the shoe to all vid-cams.

Kommandant Reya Hollis Keyson- Meeting will reconvene at a later date.
      Isotope- Aye.
      Kommandant Reya Hollis Keyson- Leader, come with me-
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• (OOC: What exactly were you looking for in the way of trade deals? Do you want good or bad? Data Angels do have a Morganite background, so they're pretty willing to trade now that peace is here. And what exactly is being set up between the Angels/Cyborgs and your Perfect Society. Are they sort of pro-Angel and Cyborgs? Because that could fit in with some of my...I mean, Roze's plans to assert her independant power....hey, I agree. The Alliance holds too much sway.

***General Broadcast : Basic Encryption***
        To: Chiron Alliance

I am pleased to inform you that we have reached an agreement with the University of Planet. I have allowed University forces passage through the lands surrounding Inspiration Point, while creating a sort of demilitarized zone in the region. I have yet to discern what reason Zakharov would have to travel through there, nevertheless, I have made this concession in the interest of peace. I ask that all Chiron Alliance factions cease any hostile action currently being taken by Alliance Forces. Roze, it would also be a nice gesture if you were to remove your invasion force from the border.

Prime Function Aki Zeta-Five

1.Yea. I would be willing to conribute the three garrisons currently stationed near the Planetneck as a beginning to such a force, if it was required.
        2. Yea. It can only help to improve relations.

1. Nay. This is why the UN Peacekeepers exist.
        2. Nay. I will not make it easier for hostile factions to spy on me. If an embassy is desired, I will conduct a seprate negotiation with that faction and discuss terms on an individual basis.
        [This message has been edited by Argonaut (edited May 09, 2001).]
        -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

To: The planetary council

We utterly reject this flagrant attempt to detroy the last semblance of faction soveriegnty. Both of these measures were out forth to justify spying under the guise of peacekeeping. The Hive will decide who will be allowed to station troops and diplomats in its territory. We categorically reject both proposals.

1. nay
          2. nay

Comment

• OOC: Natan, the IPTF is t be formed to patrol a DMZ betweem the Spartans and Peacekeepers...and it was the Hive that brought it up in the first place!!! i can understand about the Embassy thing...but the peacekeeping task force?? which yang first brought it up?? wouldn't be Hive's interest in forming a alternate group of pks to the UN Pks?

TO: Planetary Council

yea to the Interfaction peacekeeping Task Force
            nay to the embassy idea, with similar views as the Data Angels

-Captain Svensgaard

yea to the for the Interfactiing peacekeeping task force, which the Free Drones could lend some military units too.
            yea to the embassy idea, as it would improve relations.

Foreman Domai

yea to the for the Interfactiing peacekeeping task force. The Gaians is willing to assign their military task force currently at Blast Rifle Crag. (OOC:hint hint)
            yea to the embassy idea. would indeed improve relations.

Lady Deirdre Skye

yea to the for the Interfactiing peacekeeping task force where the believers could help with.
            yea to the embassy idea and would allow the believers to spread the good words of God.

Sister Miriam

yea to the for the Interfactiing peacekeeping task force, but the Morganites won't be able to help with it.
            nay to the embassy idea, to worried about espionage and other things, despite the possible economical opportunities.

CEO Morgan

The Cult of Planet abstains from both votes.

Ambassador
            Cult of Planet

Comment

• Sparta Command

General Kessel was reading over the recent message sent by Commissioner Lal. The statement by the Gians had not gone unnoticed. Now was not the time to start issuing threats and demands. For everything there was time and a place. Today his thoughts were on the PK He just couldn’t understand the PK sometimes. His wife’s parents had been the same way. Not compromising their former way of life. They had gotten him into much trouble with their particular way of thinking. That they both died of natural causes and not at the hands of the local magistrates was surprising. Of course they had been spared not only because of Kessel’s influence, which wasn’t that great in the early days, but more for their contributions to the Spartan Medical Corp. In some ways Kessel missed their blunt approach to some things and subtle approach to others. Of course he always missed his wife. Kessel now thought that a difference approach was in order.

*****Level 5 Encryption*****
              *File Attached*
              To: Commissioner Lal

Commissioner Lal, you speak of evil and seem to attribute it only to Sparta. That is unfortunate that you would think that. Evil lies within us all. Many came to this planet thinking that humanity could simply leave evil behind us back on our former home. But we forget where the evil originated from in the first place. There was nothing evil about the Earth. The evil was within us. Each of us. The Gandhi’s, Lincoln’s, King’s, and Buddha’s came from the same material as the Hitler’s, Stalin’s, and Khan’s. We all have it within us. After the death of my wife, I feel upon the Hive population with great vengeance. I went about the land destroying as many Hive citizens as I could. There are most likely a great deal many of them to this day that revile my name. The honor and simplicity of life that Sparta had taught me was thrown out the window for my need of revenge. There was no honor brought to Sparta and the Hive was not destroyed. Only individuals. If not for Santiago herself, I would probably have stayed until I was killed because the need for revenge was so great. A file is being enclosed of footage of an incident that happened many months ago. Some in Sparta Command have suggested that I use it to somehow discredit you and your faction. I however think that you should look at it and determine if your faction is above all the evil that seems to come only from Sparta. After your experts have poured over it and verified that it's not tampered with. And you have looked at it send me a proposal that includes specific amounts for your so called reparations and we will go from there. I can tell you that at least one specific name on your list is about to be crossed out permanently. Is it a nice thing to do? No. But it is what is necessary for the survival of Sparta and our new beginning.

Blast Rifle Crag

The workers assigned to repair the comm tower were beginning to hoist the last section for the new tower. They would then have to finish connecting the hundreds of small connectors that would allow access from most sections of the base. In another week Blast Rifle Crag would be connected to the outside world once again.

Yea The formation of an Interfactional Peacekeeping Task Force that the Hive must be allowed to participate in.

Nay to The right of all factions to establish unarmed embassies in each others capitals. This can only happen if there is an agreement between the two sovereign factions.

Sparta Command

Later in the day Kessel finally decided that it was time to turn Poulos loose. He had been sent to Assassin’s Redoubt a month ago and told to wait for further orders. But before he crossed the line he would offer one chance at redemption.

To: General Halzburg

General. It has been a long time since you and I have met face to face. For the sake of Sparta, and the future. I am asking you to turn over your army and return to Sparta Command alone. I assure you that no action will be taken against you until a tribunal can be set up to try your case. You have raised arms against the legitimate government of Sparta and there must be some measure of punishment dealt out. There once was a great soldier named Halzburg. I suggest you search for that man and make good with your duty.

I will come to Sparta Kessel. But so will my army. And when I do, you and your illegitimate government will be removed. Your overtures to the Peacekeepers makes you weak and a threat to Sparta’s future. After I am done with you, I intend to deal with our nuisance to the south. You should have never married that woman. Her heritage made you weak. You might have been a good officer otherwise.

As Kessel read the message early the next morning he calmly typed out message of his own.

*****Level 5 Encryption*****

To: Poulos

Execute operation immediately.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• Safe Haven

Captain Svensgaard has notice the comment by Deirdre Skye. She knows the Pirates would get flock from the rest of the Alliance of what he is doing without getting acceptance from them. But she also gueranteed that other factions, like the SPartans and Peacekeepers, that the "unknown" force could be the Gaians. Oh well. He will not bring it up unless they ask him directly about it, not like the Pirates is breaking the rules stated in the UN Charter or something.

TO: Lady Deirdre Skye, Gaia's Stepdaughters

Deirdre, has you may of found out by now from your troops at Blast Rifle Crag, the base as declared independence from the Spartan Federation. The Nautilus Battle Dragons there is currently defending the base from the rest of the Spartans and its rogue splinter groups under the Chiron Alliance banner. So, the Nautilus Pirates do support Blast Rifle Crag's independence and hopefully, so will the rest of the Chiron Alliance. I'm asking you and the Gaia' Stepdaughters to support them aswell when we mention it to the rest of the alliance, if we so choose so.

Captain Svensgaard

TO: Captain Svensgaard, Nautilus Pirates

Yes, i've heard. Aslong as Blast Rifle Crag operates under a Green Economy and respects Planet, we will support them.

Lady Deirdre Skye

Blast Rifle Crag

The Battle Dragons and the Gaian force is getting along fine, despite heavily worrying Blast Rifle Crag's populace. Colonel Rohrer is bit surprised that the Gaians didn't brought any mindworms, but doesn't matter as it may just create some problems with the spartan base. Rohrer found out by the Gaians Acolyte General of the cease-fire, which made her why "Nautilus of the Sea" didn't mention it for, but it doesn't seriously bother her as it makes sence. While the Spartans currently fight among themselves, any of those rogue groups may decide to attack this base. Oh well. One of her units have detected some more spartan recon groups poking into the base's radius and they slowly getting closer. They are no threat at the moment and with the cease-fire, better let the spartans break it the her units. Besides, if they get close enough to detect the her units and the Gaians, she doesn't think the Spartans would dare try to fight them.

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited May 10, 2001).]

Comment

• OOC: The way I am planning on playing them is a bunch of opportunists that wish not to anger anyone. They want to become the best faction; but their leader's plan is to have followings in all of the factions, then when the time is right- he assumes total control- throws the other factions out of whack, assumes control of the Morganites/University and unites them into The Perfect Society...

But, for the next 25-250 years he is content to 'play nice' and support wars against anyone and for anyone. He wishes to have friends in all the factions, but wishes to control the faction leaders- (he's only concentrating on Zak and Morgan right now *and it will stay that way for 2-20 or so years...*)

He may or may not be successful... but when he seems as if he is going to be successful by taking over Morganite and University cities through election, he'll have an argument with Fitzben who will leave to start the Planet Health Service and conquer a city of his own.

In the end, the University and Morganites will be crippled... and "The Leader" will assume control of most of Chiron (or so he thinks... much could happen... the alliance could wise up in 10 years... or the aliens could come... or not There are many possibilities here!)

He is also perfectly willing to unite with the Angels to form a block against the Chiron Alliance, and will pull Zak and Morgan into it through political manuvering, despite their objections.

He is for a good trade deal- he is perfectly willing to let the Data Angels and Cyborgs manipulate him until he has a hold in their lands
                  They can control some of his policies for a time- until he finds some 'happy blackmail' like he did with Zak, or controls 'many civilians' as he soon will with Morgan.

He wants everyone in his pocket!
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• OOC: Sounds interesting DarkCloud, although Roze will not be an easy one to out-smart. She is the Queen of Probes after all But, I think she would be definetly interested in a plot to overthrow Zakharov

***Private Message : Enhanced Encryption***]
                    To: Lady Deirdre Skye

Lady Deirdre,
                    I know it has been a while since we have spoken, I do apologize. However, this is not a social call. I pride myself on knowing as much about the goings on of Planet as possible, but you've thrown me for a loop. What are your forces doing at Blast Rifle Crag? With a peace agreement in the works, I find it rather disturbing that you and the Spartans should be so...close. I'm sure the rest of the Alliance, like myself, would appreciate an explanation.
                    -Argo

"Work like you don't need money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening."

Comment

• ****private: enhanced encryption****
                      TO: Datajack Sinder Roze

Blast Rifle Crag as declared independence from the Spartan Federation and they asked that the Chiron Alliance support it and help defend them against the rest of the rogue Spartans. The Pirates' Battle Dragon units was there currently defending the base, under the Chiron Alliance banner, when our Gaian Task Force arrived. From what i heard from my Acolyte General there is that the Base's Comm Tower was down, so they couldn't communicate with the outside world. So they didn't know of the Cease-Fire, neither did the Pirate's Battle Dragons there it seems.

For anymore information, I suggest you contact Captain Svensgaard, not I.

Lady Deirdre Skye

[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited May 11, 2001).]

Comment

General, I apologize for snapping.
                        No, I do not believe that Spartans are the only people on this Planet who are capable of evil, but have you seen anybody else whipe out entire cities full of civillians for no reason at all? Have our troops massacred your children with nerve gas? Didn't think so...

Now, I don't think whatever is in this file you sent me is going to change very much in that respect, but I shall have a look at it anyway and get back to you at a later stage. In the meantime, yes, I will remind my allies that there is a cease fire.

To: Chiron Alliance

Just a reminder: Our cease fire agreement with the Spartans is still standing.
                        However, there are supposedly some "rogue" units about. Our forces should be prepared to defend themselves, but no offensive action should be taken against Spartan units unless they attack us first..

-----

Lal then went to examine the contents of the file he had received...

"Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                        -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

• ***Private Message : Enhanced Encryption***
                          To: Captain Svensgaard

So Captain,
                          I understand your forces are currently sponsering the independance of Blast Rifle Crag under the Chiron Alliance banner. Don't you think it would have been a good idea to inform the rest of us? You could potentially be damaging the tentative peace agreement we have with the Spartans, or has that not crossed your mind? How long have your forces been in Blast Rifle Crag anyway?

This is twice you have commited the Alliance into something without even bothering to consult the rest of us. While I don't find this as personally insulting as the Morgan Bank incident, nevertheless you have overstepped your bounds. You are lucky that I share sympathy with any group wishing to assert it's independance.

I suggest you inform the rest of the Alliance of your actions, and soon. I will not hesitate to inform them if you do.

Roze
                          -Argo

Comment

• To: Lady Deirdre Skye

“The Gaians is willing to assign their military task force currently at Blast Rifle Crag.”

Imagine Lady Skye if you will, the surprise that myself and a few of my advisors had when we heard these words. Some of my staff thinks that you have been out among the fungas for too long. I on the other hand remember you from the Unity days. You were a cunning opponent in the race for the pods in those final hours. But atlas that was a different time. There is no way that your forces were solely responsible for taking Blast Rifle Crag. You had to have had help. Now the list of perspective suspects is rather short and for now the peace process is important. But know this. I have many personal friends at Blast Rifle Crag. In Sparta, true friends are hard to come by. So we tend to take threats to their well being very seriously. Now, who is it that was your partner in this scheme?

[OOC: Kessel thinks that the base was taken by force. ]

War Outpost

Getting into War Outpost was proving to be a little more difficult than Poulos had originally thought. The patrols were easy enough to avoid. But the level of activity within the base was extremely high compared to most Spartan bases. The entire army there was on a high state of alert. Spartan citizens were usually indifferent to military activity. It was an every day thing for them. But those at War Outpost seemed to be more tense than is usual. But all this ment that Poulos would just take his time and use the skills that had made him Santiago’s top probe operative since before the word probe team had been coined. His first task was to find his partner that had been at War Outpost since before trouble had started. This would not be the first time that Poulos had executed an operation within Sparta. In fact this is what he had long since specialized in. Now with Kessel in charge, his missions were only going to increase.
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• ***Private Message: Enhanced Encryption***
                              TO: Datajack Sinder Roze

I see you have spoken to our dear Lady Deirdre Skye. My forces has been defending that base for close to two months now and as been sieging the base for most of the year before that, before the cease-fire. The original intentions was to capture the base and hold it until the Gaian reinforcement arrives. Of course, the cease-fire twarted that. Besides, the Governor contacted the commander of the battle dragons there and they made an agreement. After that, my commander contacted Nautilus Command of the current situation, after the cease-fire. It was my commander who decided to have the units defend the base under the Chiron Alliance banner.

I'm planning to have the Governor of Blast Rifle Crag to contact the alliance, when they finish rebuilding their comm tower since he is the one who declared independence of Blast Rifle Crag. So better he announces to the Chiron Alliance officially than a pirate like me, where the spartans could in turn threating the cease-fire with the alliance.

So tell me again, how i'm I overstepped my bounds?

Captain Svensgaard

Comment

• [OOC: Brienmann is trying "probe" whats Kessels opinion about the Cult, to see on who´s side to go in the Civil War.]

Let the God of War bless you, my child.
                                General, do not assume we´re out of the game, on the contrary, we´re deep in the Federations foundations. As you surely remember, The Spartan Federation and the Cult of War have a deal. Now, the problem from our side is, do you still honor that deal? We are a powerful force, General. It´s in your power to decide whether we´re on your side or not...

Near War Outpost

It had been a long trek to this point, especially when they were forced to go around the outrageously big peacekeeper force, probably originally headed to clear them out of their bunker. Although the peacekeepers had been somewhat hostile, no shooting occured as both forces were disciplined veterans. The peacekeepers kept the cease-fire, and the cultists just tried to keep their lives.

The ragtag CoW unit had sent scouts to see what´s the situation in War Outpost. After the scouts had informed about the huge army of Halzburg in the base, the Cult priests had halted their movement and asked clarification from HQ. The answer was quite surprising.
                                " Stay there, and await for further orders..."

So they obeyed the orders, and almost instinctively started to bunker their otherwise helplessly defenseless positions.

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited May 12, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                                X