stop! read this! CENTAURI DAWN CONTEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop! read this! CENTAURI DAWN CONTEST

Apolyton is proud to preent the CENTAURI DAWN CONTEST!

It's only our first Alpha Centauri relared contest, but we are very proud of it. And that's because this is not a simple "give away presents" contest, but a pure effort to produce lots and good smac fiction!

Click on the banner for more information!

ps. this is the "official" thread to ask questions, etc

Looks really cool. I do have 1 question thought: Can our fiction be on anything SMAC related, or does it have to deal with a specific topic or theme, or time frame?

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

let me put this on on bold

There is no specific topic, just anything smac related

of course remember that you can only use smac/smac-x factions

Comment

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure.
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

What language does one have to write in? Must it be english or is it also possible to write in german. (I assume not, but well assuming is not knowing). The rules say nothing about this.

Ata

Comment

it didnt cross our minds actually...

since i dont think that all three judges know german(or any other language(all of them)), it's english only

Comment

What is the difference between "Creativity" and "Originality"?

Comment

creativity is one thing, originality is another

while the two can go together, you can be original and not be as creative, and vice versa

Comment

since some people have said that they are working on stories, the deadline is extended until May 13, 2001

Comment

I vote that Edgecrusher or whatever the first respondee was called should get a prize whatever. I think it's a little unfair if he's the only one to reply within the initial deadline and then a flood of fiction pushes him out of the medal places.
                    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I agree with SMAC.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I guess that's okay with me as well. Which part of the contest is he in? Can I still try and get the prize for Europe?

Comment

I don't suppose there would be anything wrong with posting your entry on this forum as well would there? Maybe after the judging is done.
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

ALL entries and their reviews will be posted after the evaluation....

Comment

Working...
                            X